Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride in Omaha, NE, or surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 09:18 PM
zoo
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride in Omaha, NE, or surrounding areas

Finally got the beast up and running, looking for any info on places to ride near Omaha NE, or even some others in area to get together with.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a riding area in Council Bluffs. I've never been there but heard it is ok.

There is another area 85 miles south which is owned by the Nebraska Trailriders Association. I am a member of this club and this area offers all kinds of terrain from mild to wild, 278 acres. If you want more info, let me know. The area was formerly open to the public for a fee, but now it is a membership only area - Willow Creek.

Jim

Old 07-23-2003, 09:07 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

I have been to the one in Council Bluffs, it's just across to Missouri river, not bad, lots of close quarter trails. I have been thinking about joining the Nebraska Off Highway club, is this the one you are talking about? Or is it a different group? I would be interested

Old 01-31-2004, 05:00 AM
Trailblazer

Timber Ridge......
Onawa, Iowa.
Need I say more?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2004, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

How much does it cost for a membership to Timber Ridge? All of my riding areas are closing and I may have to pay to ride this year.

Old 01-31-2004, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

Well first off is how far are you from Timber Ridge. The nearest town in Iowa is Castana. They have a website that you can look at, it is peelout.net. The cost is $500 per year for a family membership. lot of people may think that is a lot of money, but I have ridden around the Omaha, Council Bluffs area and the riding around here sucks at best! Timber Ridge has approxiamately 1200 acres of heavily wooded trails and very large hills. You will be pleased if you ever visit. We rode there several times with a friend who was a member and we decided to join our selves. We were living in Blair and it would take us about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes to drive. You can also camp or setup or build a cabin anywhere on the land. Very nice place to ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2004, 03:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ever try Logan Rock Quarry? Its close, free, and not a bad place to rip around in.

Old 03-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, I've been there too. It's not exactly the safest place to ride though. We were up there last summer and myself, girlfriend, and our buddy had to drag some putz out off there who tried riding his quad off the back of 30' cliff!!!! We had to put him on the back of my girlfriends Sportsman and drive the guy out to where his buddy could get his truck and then he took a ride in the back off the truck to the ER!! Dude was pretty messed up.

As for the place being free...I think it only appears that way because whoever owns the land doesn't care or monitor it, but these are the 2000's... Just wait till someone sues!! Everything will change.

I didn't like the amount of loose rock there. Rock hurts more than dirt when you crash. Timber Ridge is very large with loam soil and very big hills. I've crashed a lot up there and haven't gotten "injured" yet. Knock on wood.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Devlman
Ever try Logan Rock Quarry? Its close, free, and not a bad place to rip around in.
where exactly is this logan rock quarry? Is it in Logan IA? If so, how do you get there?
Please contact me, as I am eager to go riding again.