Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Kansas City, Missouri - Tiffany Springs Park

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 12:29 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas City, Missouri - Tiffany Springs Park

Well they went and did it... there are at least 1/2 dozen signs off of Hampton Road the clarify that our once awesome riding area is a City park and "no motorized vehicles allowed." That sucks!

I had read some time ago that someone was organizing a drive to designate the area as a OHV area. Anyone know where that is?

<soap box = on>
It seems stupid to me that the only thing keeping us (and from what I can tell we are the only ones using the area) from enjoying land that our tax dollars paid for is someone not pushing the city council into giving us a one-year exemption! I know they have big plans for the area but until then... why not let someone use it.

Imagine, one day we have to drive 100's of miles to public riding areas and the next day, with the stroke of a pen we have one of the best riding areas in our back yard. It could be that simple.
<soap box=off>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Range Rover

i never made it up there, but.. it would be nice to have a place closer to ride at for sure =]

Old 10-13-2003, 02:15 AM
Trailblazer

I haven't been there in years since I was ATVless. It was a nice place to go that was close.

Old 10-22-2003, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

So, did anyone ever find out if there was someone pushing to get the Tiffany Springs Park riding area designated as an OHV area? I was in the area today so I went by to see what you all were talking about. The area looks pretty cool from what I saw in my short walk back in there, except for all of the "no motorized vehicles allowed" signs.

I have been desperately looking for somewhere to ride around the KC area. It gets real old having to drive two hours to ride anywhere. I can't believe there isn't somewhere we can ride around here. We need to get a petition started to get a place to ride that doesn't take all day to drive to and from. OK, I'll quit.. If anyone in KC has discovered any new areas to ride (that doesn't have no trespassing signs) let me know..

Old 10-23-2003, 12:36 AM
Range Rover

Don't give up... we just need a few "volunteers" to get this thing moving again. Anyone going to raise there hand?

Old 10-23-2003, 02:50 AM
Range Rover

i'd definitely be down for helping trying to get anything around kc going. i'm pretty fed up with driving a few hours to ride, or riding having to worry about the cops coming and telling ya they're gonna arrest ya and take your vehicles =] i havent rode in a bit due to those reasons...the v's got barely 30hrs on it, haha... where do we start, is that tiffany springs area public property or what, city own it? no clue where to start, but if someone knows, i'd definitely do whatever possible to help out.

Originally posted by: looking
Don't give up... we just need a few "volunteers" to get this thing moving again. Anyone going to raise there hand?

Old 10-23-2003, 04:56 AM
Trailblazer

The last time I was there I actually spoke to an officer. She told me that the main problem with the area was so many stolen cars were being dumped back there. But she said without the fellow off-roaders back there no one would no about the vehicles. She was extremely nice (part of the reason may have been since my friend had his 3 year old daughter with him). She just told us not to unload the ATV's in front of her (wait until she left) and let us know if we see anything suspicious.

One way to eliminate the stolen vehicle problem would have the entrances limited for certain size vehicles similar to Perry. Just one suggestion for something to put on a petition as something some volenteers could do. I will be more than happy to help out on the physical side but I am not much of a "politician" to get the wheels in motion.

I ride with about 4 other close friends and could probably get a few others to help too. I too am tired of driving everywhere! BTW. a group of us is going to Little Sahara this weekend (10/24) for some riding if anyone feels like making the trip.

Old 10-23-2003, 05:15 AM
Range Rover

Maybe you city folk should by some land and a house outside the cuty limits and quit complaining!

Old 10-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Range Rover

The city owns the property and has some "master" plan for it. My guess would be to start with the head of parks and rec since they control it for now.

Old 10-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Range Rover

The KC 4wd club in the area has been involved with the city for a couple of years trying to get something done about designating the area for off-road use. They have'nt had much luck yet, but a while back their web site said the were still negotiating with the city and to please stay off because it wasn't helping their efforts. But I haven't heard any updates for some time now.

Quick Reply: Kansas City, Missouri - Tiffany Springs Park