Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

man I don't remember posting 3 message in less than 5 mins before..LOL

KIK A$$ MUSIC on dave's video...

Old 02-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Range Rover

Thank you! Like i said i mainly listen to country so finding my rock took some digging.
Hey Dave, are you going to try to get that video on ecmx.com?

Old 02-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Range Rover

they are gonna have a MX track made out of beach sand???? that shoud last 10 min. ill be there though.

Old 02-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info pungo, but I didn't see anything about rules or anything. Reason I'm asking is cause I was going to see if my little bro-in-law wanted to enter. He is 13 and rides a 04 Blaster. Man, I'm telling ya he can ride the he!! out of that thing. He does no handers (and lands no hands), no footers etc. Anyway I was wondering what the restrictions are with engine size and ages etc. Also what gear is required. Thanks

Old 02-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Range Rover

Yea i noticed they did not have rules there may be a email address or phone number that you could get some more info from. The pictures on that site from last year look like it was pretty messy. It will be fun though maby we should all meet up somewhere.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah they had some good picks. I noticed nobody was using paddles, maybe there not allowed for some reason. I've never raced before. Maybe I could do the sand drags or something. I'm not going to go out and spend a bunch of money on all that gear just to race one time for fun. By the way those are cool videos you made pungo.. I have a lot of footage on video but I need to get a new video card and editing software. Pungo, have you ever ridden out by Dam Neck Rd., I was looking at your website and you looked really familiar.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Range Rover

rancor,
I was there last year and believe it or not, it wasn't as bad it may seem. like ever track the had to do some work on it..

Old 02-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Trailblazer

Brocks,
I can tell you that he will have to have nerf bars and a kill switch. That should be the only required equipment. No one is allowed to run paddle tires in the MX from what I remeber reading last year. You can put sand fronts on though I think. They should be abbiding by AMA rules so you can go to the AMA website and download the rulebook from there! It is in pdf format I think. Hope this helps ya!

Old 02-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Range Rover

BrocksZ, Thanks bout the videos. Nope i have not ridden by dam neck. i went back there about 6 years ago on a bmx bike but thats it. Not sure you might have seen me around. i used to be up at the beach alot i worked at the fishing center for like 4 years other than that i am usually down here in pungo.

Old 02-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Range Rover

sand tires would annilate that mx track. if its the same kind of sand we have down here in nags head i cant even imagine a mx track holding up for one heat! but ill be there to help dig it up for sure. that VB race is pretty big. it was in most the magazines and its not even a GNCC or GNC race.

Quick Reply: Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE