Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Hey sorry for the long reply again, I went out there last weekend and got thrown off my quad at like 50mph. I landed about 50 ft from my quad, sprained my ankle, broke a rib, and sprained my wrist. Ive been layed up for awhile chewing vicodens.

I would really like to get up and meet some people for some riding soon, after I heal up.

That area off military, is not owned by a construction place, its owned by an older gentelman and he lets me ride, but the cops still come thru once and awhile and run people off. Id say one out of every 10 times we go. Dont worry about it if there not there you can ride all day long. The place in yorktown is fat and big, and is a blast but dangerous some times(obviously). There both old to me, and Id like to meet you guys and go somewhere else. Next time some one goes riding, give me a buzz and Ill come out and play. My cell is 757-580-0263. My name is Brian. Maybe by this weekend ill be able to ride again.

Remember WEAR YOUR GEAR, it probally saved my life this weekend, as I could have got it worse.
Like I tell my son, " If your not getting hurt your not trying hard enough."

When I got home from the hospital my son said, " dad, you must have been really trying hard right?" LOL...

Old 09-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

Toys,
That sucks that you got banged up! Glad to hear that it wasn't more serious than that! About the military area, that is what those guys were saying that were out there. They were both riding warriors. Just from the look of the cops it seemed like they were wanting to use the area for some kind of training themselves! If anyone is going riding this weekend let me know as well! I am free so far. That is cool how your son called you out! LOL
4wheelinchic,
From the looks of the weather reports it is supposed to be pretty nice this weekend. Butthen again the weather man is hardly ever right! LOL

Old 09-04-2003, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Dang Toys that sucks....how you wind up off your ride?.....lookin forward to hookin up with some of yall and ridin

Old 09-04-2003, 11:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

It just started to get out of shape a little on this trail, and went to the left a little and hit a rut hidden in the weeds. It just kinda bucked me up in the air. Then the front dug in and I was off and flying. Did a flip in the air, landed on my back. I just went limp because I KNEW it was going to be bad. When I hit the ground it rolled me several times, I had weeds and grass everywhere. My buddy said he though I was dead, he was scared. (note to people dont ride hard, or at all if your BY YOURSELF). I was in 4th going atleast 45-50 when it happened. I just ordered some suspention and stuff, extend the front and back.

Im pretty sure I wont be out this weekend but maybe the one after...

Later. B

Old 09-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

Hey Toy, well at least you are ok... and can still ride... thats cute about ur son, how old is he?

Dura,
I am going to the Air show in Norfolk on Sat for sure dunno about sunday, I maybe able to ride then.. but I will probably go to the club I am a member of. cause I know I can ride there and its legal...LOL if ur interested in riding there sometime let me know..
my name is Tracie everyone..

PS.. anyone know any females that like to ride.. please bring them along...

Old 09-05-2003, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

Tracie,
The airshow is actually at Oceana base. It is about a mile from my house. Believe me I have to listen to them flying ALL the time! LOL Just thought I would let you know just in case you were headed to the wrong base! My wife and I were thinking about going also. She has never been to one. Hope you have fun this weekend. Anybody riding next weekend?

Old 09-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

Dura,
um, guess I should have checked my mail before I left this morning.LOL we ended up at the wrong place but finally ended up at the right place.. well um, I love that noise, but guess not if I had to listen to it all the time.. I may go riding tomorrow depending how I feel when I get up... as far as next weekedn if its not raining or really hot & humid then I will probably go..

bwt did u & the wife go to the show? is did she like it? it was soooo kewl I loved it..

Old 09-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

4wheelingchic,
Yeah we ended up going for a little while on Sun. She really liked it a lot! I have been to so many of them growing up that it wasn't all that for me, but I still enjoyed it though.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

thats kewl, I am thinking about going to george washington forest to go riding.. tasker gap or south pedler dunno which.. and I dont' go there I am gonna go riding to the club I am a member of.. so u gonna go riding this weekend?

Old 09-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

nope sorry,
Not this weekend. I am headed down to my grandparents house this weekend. I just found out tonight that my Grandpa broke his wrist on Tues .So we are headed down there to give them a hand and pick up a piece of furniture. We will def have to hook up and go riding one weekend though! My wife can't ride right now cause she is pregnant, but she does like to ride though!

Quick Reply: Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE