Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Brocks,
I live near Birdneck and 264. I love the 450R, it is an awsome machine!I haven't raced it yet, I want to get it completly ready before I do. I was getting tired of racing on my mostly stock Z400. Gonna use that quad for trail riding mostly now.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Cool, I live near the General Booth/Oceana Blvd Intersection. Where do you usually ride? I don't know how far you usually go to ride but I ride right by my house if you ever want to ride here just let me know. Are you thinking about selling your Z? Man, with the money you spent on that 450r you could have built a bad a@@ Z. Look at Doug Gust hes still killin everybody.

Old 04-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i see a bunch of peeps here are around my home turf.....i'm at 17th st oceanfront.....and i go to pungo everyday to get worktruck......give a honk if u see me i roll in a 84 f-250 on 38 swampers...and it's painted like a cow....flat black..white an grey(urban camo)......40 years old...married...no kids...2 cats ..1 dog......wanted a new toy this winter....rode a buddies warrior an kawi bayou.....first time on a atv ever...fell in love and had to have one(these bones aint doin no more dirt bikes)and yes i went with new not used...a red ozark 250.....then my brother in law(who never even sat on a atv)...luvs dirt bikes..an was lookin to buy one.....i took him out riding .....the following weekend he goes out an buys a new rancher...we were riding in pungo at the old horse farm(big mansion off of indian river)my friends house butted up to it......it was sweet riding but alas it has been bought to become a new hood in the woods.....i'm all up for trail riding.....i found out when i was younger.....speed kills ...an racing sometimes hurts to much......can't afford to b out of work.......cYaL8tEr

Old 04-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man whats up. I see you all the time. Kinda hard to miss that truck. I used to drive an old K10 diesel blazer, red with white top on 36s. Anyway, welcome. So where are you gonna ride now that you lost that place. Kinda hard to find places to ride around here. I'm thinking about opening a track around here. If I can find the land and everything. I have access to plenty of equipment and dirt and everything, I just have to check into insurance and stuff like that. What does everyone think? Would this be a good investment? Obviously, I'm not trying to make money or anything, just enough to keep up with the place and not have to spend money out of my own pocket.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

That is an awsome idea, especially if you have the money to get the land! That is gonna the hardest thing! Also if the city will even let you build a track on the land you get! Ya have to worry about noise restrictions and crap like that!

Old 04-30-2004, 07:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

i can't believe with all the land out in pungo or knotts island/or even black water that theres no place to ride.......what about all the trails you see off of elbow road....it looks insane....was at work one day and saw like a dozen guys out there blazin thru the woods on sports and utilitys....the prob is finding a place to park......

Old 04-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Range Rover

I live right by Captain Georges and have about 8 acres but that isn't really enough to ride on. I have the farmer farm about 5 acres and the rest is about 1 acre yard and 2 acres woods/swamp. I have a friend in blackwater whose fathers land we ride on and its about 200 acres. It is mostly woods trails and some farm land that just had corn planted in it. It is very hard to find good places to ride. I am going to go with my friend to Carova NC later this year, but you have to stay off the beach unless you have a decal from Currituck County. The back roads are still fun to ride though. Yes it'd be nice to have a private club like they do with the hunting lodges, that way the localities would not be able to say much about what you do on the land. Keep it private members only and get everyone to sign a waiver. Make it like the Shriners "to be a member ask a member". That would be the best way, collect dues each month and have a small gate fee like $5.00 each time you ride.

Old 04-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone have any ideas on location? I really want it around where I live or somewhere between Oceana Blvd and the beach. Not sure how possible that is though. Most of the land around here is owned by the gov't cause of crash zones and stuff.

Old 04-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

whatever happened to the golden eagle mx track in oceana....that was many moons ago

Old 04-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

hey how yall been i havent been on here in a while............any new places to ride..........how has canal been lately........ive have only been riding a few times since i saw a few of you out at canal.....we got 35 acres out in sussex that is going to be nice when we are done making trails........we have a few but its not done yet..........(4x4 country) how many of yall have 4x4 atvs.... still have alot of work to do before we rip it up but it
wont be long.......

Quick Reply: Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE