Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Originally posted by: BrocksZ
Welcome, DK, I live in Va Beach and I'm a Gov Contractor as well, but I work in Hampton. So who do you work for? I mostly ride right next to my house. There are a lot of places in NC and around the VA border of NC.
I work for WamNet on the NMCI contract. I And 3 others support a 40k user network legacy ISP. Tons of ATM switches, Cisco routers and switches. Good experience and been there for over a year. Not very FUN job, but it pays the bills. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll probably get a trailor later and stick with the work van for now, plus it's enclosed. I'd like to ride this Saturday if possible, if anyone is interested? Maybe plan a big trip to WVA next month or something with camping, etc. my email is dalek77@***.net, if you'd like to get up together and ride. Hopefully my helmet will come by this Friday. Later all, Too bad we can't ride in Newport NEws PArk. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Dale

Old 04-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Range Rover

Wow alot of Gov contractors. So DK how you like WamNet? I am with EDS working the Helpdesk. This saturday there is a race in elizabeth city NC at ECMX. I will be down there all day. Stop by and visit my site Pungohboy.com

Old 04-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: pungohboy
Wow alot of Gov contractors. So DK how you like WamNet? I am with EDS working the Helpdesk. This saturday there is a race in elizabeth city NC at ECMX. I will be down there all day. Stop by and visit my site Pungohboy.com
Well I like Cisco routers and switches alot and that's all they do. I don't like any job, but if I had to pick one this would be it. ECMX sounds like tons of fun. As soon as I get my helmet Monday I believe I'll be looking to ride some place. Cool man, I'll check out your site. I take it you work at W143? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I been there a few times to work on our gear. My girl works on the helpdesk too, her name is Michelle and she's been there about 6 months I think. Take it easy man and cya around.

Dale

Old 04-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Range Rover

hey everyone,

well I finally got to see what Hatfield Mccoy was all about. I just got back from there, my club was there from thurs to sun.. and it was great. some parts of the trails were challenging what it was really fun..

Old 04-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer

I found a place in Newport News finally. Right beside Suttle Cadillac dealership there is a big field w/ trails in the woods. I haven't gone yet but I stopped by while people were riding there. They said they been doing it for years there and nobody has complained and kicked em off. Eventually there might be a strip mall, but I heard they been saying that for years too. OH well, I'll be out there next Sunday and maybe a couple times throughout the week to check it out. Finally got my trailer. WEEEEEE

Dale

Old 04-19-2004, 08:32 AM
Trailblazer

Is that the Cadillac dealership on Jefferson?

Old 04-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Trailblazer

Yep, right beside the entrance on JEfferson, you'll see a dirt road. You have to take a sharp right as soon as you turn right in to the dealership. You don't actually go in to the dealership. Follow the dirt path around behind the dealership. I'll be there today around 6 pm, weather permitting.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer

Kenny (pungohboy) and I got engaged over the weekend! Yeah! Just wanted to let everyone know

Old 04-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Trailblazer

well sorry to burst your bubble but the site behind suttle is now posted the geo team has started the surveying out there to start the strip mall so it is no good now. by the way i know the guy who does the geo testing and he told me of another spot not posterd yet behind the rips store on denbigh blvd lots of wide open and trails down the power lines. guy told me that as long as guys were not working u can ride there which is on sundays if u get stoped say eddie at GET sulutions said u can ride here.and he said just dont tare up the roads couse a small hole gets big when them trucks come thru and thats why they get mad so dont ruin it for us all. hope this helps

Old 04-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Congrats to Pungohboy & Pungohgurl

Norm

Quick Reply: Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE