Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

i would love to know where this place is i live right by damneck rd.

Old 12-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

bnuts, PM sent.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer

bnuts, someone told me they've seen lots of trucks parked and people riding. it's supposed to be (from the west) on dam neck, past harpers rd, and around the L and R. personally I plan on checking it out on a bicycle first to get a feel for it. especially the legality issue. maybe find the owner and offer a small fee for permission. then your golden. i plan on checking it out this week, maybe thurs p.m. i'll let you know.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer

troy, do the owners of the 55 acres have any requests on days and times (obviously not at night) that people ride? do we need to let anyone know before we ride there? is it just past harpers rd coming from the west?

Old 12-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys and gals hows the riding been. I have not been on this site in forever. Any new places to ride around oceana area? If ya dont recall I live right by Ocean lakes high school. off off dam neck road.

Old 01-02-2005, 04:53 AM
Pro Rider

WHERE IS THIS 55 ACRES. I AM SICK OF DRIVING TO CURRITUCK, besides that place sucks anyway. only one atv track. they even yell at you for doing doghnuts. wtf is that ? pm me if anyone has directions to this place. later.

Old 01-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Trailblazer

bombsaint, i know where the owner lives. they are off dam neck, north on harpers rd, first house on the right. they have large trees cut down in their yard. i've not stopped yet, but i'd like to ask permission before riding. let me know if you talk to them first.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

MY BUDDIE OWNS THE LAND OFF DAMNNECK ROAD 55 ACRES....ACROSS FROM FARMERS MARKET....YOU HAVE TO HAVE PERMISION TO GO OUT THERE....THE GUY THAT OWNS THE LAND DOESN'T WANT IT TO BLOW UP WITH TONS OF PEOPLE....ONLY A FEW GO OUT THERE....COPS WILL RUN YOU OFF IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE OWNER...AND FOR THE GUY THATS SAY THE OWNER LIVES OFF HARPERS...THE OWNER LIVES IN NORFOLK...IT'S NOT OWNED BY TALOR FARMS...IF THATS WHAT YOU THINK...

Old 01-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer

YELLOW Honda, Thank-you for letting me know about the owner. I've not stopped by and you saved me from potential embarrassment. I guess I was given bum scoop. I have respect for people and their land and I won't ride in unauthorized areas. That being said, is it possible to get permission for me and my 3 boys to ride on the land? I'm willing to pay land use fees and sign a liability release/terms of use contract. I really enjoy riding and like many others I'm faced with a total lack of legal places around here to ride save for a few tracks.
'96 Blaster
'02 Badger
'04 Chinese pepboys special
'66 Suzuki

Old 01-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just wondering where a local legal place to ride close to the norfolk area. Nothing great just some trails for me and my son.

Quick Reply: Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE