Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

No Tresspassing signs posted on crown land (Southern Ontario)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Tresspassing signs posted on crown land (Southern Ontario)

Went riding today with my brother, we saw a bunch of signs and all the red circles, it pissed me right off, the guy put them all over the bush we ride in but its crown land, twenty mile creek. pisses me off how some farmers think they own all the land out here, and refuse to give anything to us riders. Once i got back to my house i saw two other guys come up our trail to see hwat was there, if they are on this fourm next time please stop in, talk we can go riding, In my past experiences i've never met any ATV enthusiast that wasnt eager to share stories and riding experiences, any other riders in the hamilton/ calidonia area let me know.

Regards,
Tim

Old 08-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Range Rover
Default No Tresspassing signs posted on crown land (Southern Ontario)

Hey Tim-- I too ride alot in Ontario-mostly Northern Ontario and some around Coldwater/Barrie area. I live in NY state and a few years ago the public lands owned by NY state that I had hunted and fished on for many years suddenly becmae posted with NO TRESPASSING signs all over the place.The NY State signs were gone!! It ticked me off and seeing there was no farmhouses or houses anywheres nearby I decided to check into it alittle more. I called the NY state DEC ( like your Ministry) and gave them the location of the lands.They said they would look into-Yeah Right! I thought. A few days later I got a call from the Game warden in that area and he told me that some hunters from out of the area too had been hunting there and thought they would just take down the NYS Public Hunting signs and put up their own signs for their private use.Seeing this area was pretty desolate anyone else driving by these lands would not have any ideait was really public lands and after seeing the NO TRESPASSING signs, they would just keep going. Just a thought for you. Contact the MNR and tell them what you have encountered.Good Luck.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Trailblazer

i live in old town stoney creek i just got a small 125 with costom air filter so its quick where is this place i would like to know if there is anny other area arround here to ride... BTW im wesley and im 17 years old