Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where I can ride double and have fun

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where I can ride double and have fun

I enjoy riding in Ohio and West virginia, and any area not to far from that. But the only problem is that I ride double with my boyfriend. We are always looking for good places to ride, but a lot of them you are not to ride double. If anyone has information on areas that you are allowed to ride double and are nice area to ride could you please post them.

Old 09-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

You would love riding at Windrock in Oliver Springs, Tennessee. I myself have been down from Michigan 19 times since last April to ride there. It is 72,000 awesome acres of riding. Check out Windrockatv.com. There are no rules regarding riding double, and wearing helmets. It's your choice, as I think it should be. You would not regret making the trip. If you need any more info, let me know.

Scott

Old 09-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for that information...i will check it out...if i have any questions I will ask

Old 09-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Range Rover

My wife rides with me (Double) most every time I go out. We don't ride fast and really enjoy our rides, most of which is in the Ocala National Forest where there are some real nice trails. However, there is a push to make changes that will have an adverse effect to ATV riding due to some irresponsible riders. I have ridden Windrock in Tennessee and I wouldn't recommend riding double there. As much as my wife and I enjoy riding together I decided it was too risky for her to ride with me there. It is my opinion that Windrock requires too much body english to effectively maneuver many of the trails for riding double. Whatever you decide, ride careful........

Old 09-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you...i know if is is dangerous riding we do not take the trails and if it gets to bad i get off and we don't risk it.. I believe that it is the person's choice and thank you for not bashing me. And thanks for telling me that, that area is a rough area.

Old 09-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BluRock
My wife rides with me (Double) most every time I go out. We don't ride fast and really enjoy our rides, most of which is in the Ocala National Forest where there are some real nice trails. However, there is a push to make changes that will have an adverse effect to ATV riding due to some irresponsible riders. I have ridden Windrock in Tennessee and I wouldn't recommend riding double there. As much as my wife and I enjoy riding together I decided it was too risky for her to ride with me there. It is my opinion that Windrock requires too much body english to effectively maneuver many of the trails for riding double. Whatever you decide, ride careful........

Hello Blurock,

Your post is a good example of everyone having their own opinions. I do not ride double very often. But I have ridden double at Windrock. I've put more miles there than most anyone in the last year. There are hundreds of miles of marked trails, and hundreds more that are unmarked. A minimum of half of those miles are fine for doubling. A good rider can ride double for another quarter of those miles. I would think that 150 + miles of trails good for doubling would be a great place to visit. Each of us has their tolerance level. I've ridden lots of trails that most will not. I would not recommend those to the novice, or even an intermediate. But it still boils down to a choice. I like having that choice. I like being able to decide for myself to ride double or even wear a helmet. Some, like mr blackballed, do not think that many of us are smart enough to decide that for ourselves. Not that something couldn't happen, but in over 5000 miles at one of the roughest places around to ride, I'm damage free.

This was not meant as a rip to anyone. This poster was looking for a good place to ride double. I would recommend Windrock in a heartbeat.

Scott

Old 09-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you....I agree with you that everyone is entilted to there on opinion...and that it is my choice to ride double...i have been on some rough trails and have made it through them ok...my boyfriend would never risk my life...if he feels something may happen we will take a different trail or i get off and walk...he has been riding all his life...so he knows pretty will what he is doing...so i feel the same that it is my choice and it bothers me that people are giving me a hard time about it....but thanks for the information i have been checking it out....its a little far..but would be nice for a holiday weekend!