Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in NW Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in NW Illinois

Are there any places for riding in NW Illinois out past Rockford? I know of the MX places such as Byron, but I am getting to old to race MX now. I am more interested in trails and harescrambles. Even TT events would be great. Thanks for the help.

Old 09-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

For trails you will need to head north into wisc.
Theres a new place south of rockford in oregon called Ki-Tracks.
Little farther south in wedron is a place called fox valley
Check out the addy in my signature. It will lead you to a board specifcally for Illinois ATVers.
There are some people on that board that live around rockford.

Old 09-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. I have taken my boys to ride at KI-Tracks, but as for me it is too expensive for the limited, non-motocross, trails. I heard they race hare scrambles down by Millidgeville. Has anyone rode down there?

Old 10-17-2003, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

We've been to Fox Valley - we also found a place near 47 and 88 and that was recently closed down we'd like to find a place with some resonable challanges and availability - did I say free - to be able to ride often!? Any sweet spots? Someone has to be "holdin'-out"

Old 10-21-2003, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

come on over to Oskaloosa Iowa, its a great place. and never gets old. beent here like 10 times this summer and i see sumtin new everytime..

Old 11-03-2003, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Dunekitty, when did that place get closed down? the one by 47 and 88? We went there last week on Sunday and got chased out by hunters. But that was early about 9am, I imagine that around noon there was over 100 people as usual. Did anyone tell you different?

Old 11-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

You think that is bad. I came back to my truck and there where three cops with there guns drawn[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] There where some punks shotting out there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Cop took my name and told me not to come back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] By the way that is all county property it is not legal to hunt out there, just like riding.

Old 11-06-2003, 03:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

moto 39 I'm from Freeport and I have been riding the cheese country trail in monroe WI. I beleive that its about 47 miles long but has some other trails branch off of it. I went to Monroe honda and got the registration there for WI which cost about 15 dollars and I think its good for two or three years. Its a family trail but I still have a lot of fun riding it. The trails that branch off of it are a little more difficult but the only one I rode was the fayette trail north of Darlington. The trail goes through some small towns with plenty of stops to get gas, food and drinks.

Old 11-06-2003, 10:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Cops with guns drawn? Damn! There were hunters out there last weekend when we got asked to leave, they were goose hunting, had all the decoys in the field tright before the woods. Too bad that place is off limits to ride, it's a nice place to go, kinda like a minature Badlands

Old 01-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey you guys wouldn't happen to be talking about Seavey Pits would you? That place is awesome!!! We got kicked out a couple months ago by a hunter in full camo with a bow - damn near ran him over in the woods!! Camo works pretty good. I would like to go back, hunting is supposedly over in January, but if the cops are there with guns drawn I think I'll take a pass. Let me know if anyone has tried going back more recently. Thanks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Riding in NW Illinois