Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

WISCONSIN!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WISCONSIN!!!!

i ride in crivits alot and some trails in michagan. I just started so i dont no many places names. Is there an mx track called piney grove or something around crivits. I was wondering if they have races there and just an open ride time. I am interested in going there next summer to check it out and mabey do a couple races. It would be my first race. I already have all the gear except for chest protecter which im getiing for christmas and pants im getting next summer. Thanks

Old 12-02-2003, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default WISCONSIN!!!!

hey, i live in illinois but was planning on riding up in wisconsin over the summer but until i found out the expensive fee for registering your quad if you don't live there. I think i figured it would be like 200 dollars to register or something. So it just wasn't worth it.

Old 12-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default WISCONSIN!!!!

Originally posted by: QuadFMX
hey, i live in illinois but was planning on riding up in wisconsin over the summer but until i found out the expensive fee for registering your quad if you don't live there. I think i figured it would be like 200 dollars to register or something. So it just wasn't worth it.

I live in MN and never had to have any special WS registration at all.. where did you hear about what you mentioned? I don't think it is correct.

Old 12-02-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default WISCONSIN!!!!

Originally posted by: DaButcher
I think theirs a Bow season after gun.... But I could B wrong....15th of Dec???????

Bow season is earlier than rifle .. I do know that they have a late season muzzle loader though

I hunt with a rifle right near Osseo, WS which is located close the the clark county trail system.

Old 12-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default WISCONSIN!!!!

The trails open up again on December 15 then close on March 15 next year and open back up again from May 15th to October 15th. That is how it is every year up here around Jackson and Clark County's. The phone number for the DNR service center in Black River Falls is 715-284-1400. They will be able to give you all the information you need regardin the ATV trails and what you have to do in order to ride them if you are from out of state.

Old 12-03-2003, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default WISCONSIN!!!!

I live in Hudson. I ride in Burnet, Douglas county tons. I also ride in Eau Claire, Clark, and Jackson countys.

Old 12-03-2003, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default WISCONSIN!!!!

Originally posted by: Hybrid4x4
The trails open up again on December 15 then close on March 15 next year and open back up again from May 15th to October 15th. That is how it is every year up here around Jackson and Clark County's. The phone number for the DNR service center in Black River Falls is 715-284-1400. They will be able to give you all the information you need regardin the ATV trails and what you have to do in order to ride them if you are from out of state.

Is this just for Clark and Jackson counties in WS? What about Douglas county trails,, are they open this weekend?

Old 12-04-2003, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default WISCONSIN!!!!

I live in Crivitz,WI. Northeast WI almost to the UP. Marinette County has 2 different trail systems. 1 of them (I forgot the name) is located in the SW part of the county and is connected to Oconto County and the Dusty Trails. I haven't ridden them yet. The other is the Dun-Good trails up near the Dunbar/Goodman area. These trails ROCK. I have been up here since June and ridden those trails a lot. Unfortunately the trails are mostly used by weekend people and no locals ride. Great place to ride with nobody to ride with. If you come up during the week the trails will be 99% empty. Weekends are busy, afternoons are hectic sometimes on weekends but not busy enough to be dangerous. I used to ride BRF a lot and consider these trails as good if not better.

Old 12-04-2003, 05:09 PM
Trailblazer
Default WISCONSIN!!!!

QuadFMX,
I just called the DNR. I am from Texas and we don't register here, so Wis does not reconize. No big deal. All you need to register in Wis is your title and $12.00. Since you bought the ATV elsewhere, you won't have to pay tax. The tax maybe where you are thinking about $200.00. I am planning on riding around Rhinelander at xmas. I used to live there and my parents still do. I can ride on miles of lakes. Should be fun. Oh, you don't surrender your title, they just need info from it.

Old 12-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default WISCONSIN!!!!

I ride the dunbar/goodman trails. Those were the ones. Theres some pretty deep mud holes on some parts of the trails. I saw a lot of other quads the last time i went.

Quick Reply: WISCONSIN!!!!