Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ohio Riding Areas

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 02:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohio Riding Areas

How about everyone start posting their favorite places to ride in Ohio, and if you know, also post directions and any fees. I'll start with really the only one that I know well:

Elson St Riding Park Waynesburg,Ohio:
About 30 acres of trail riding. Some good mud areas and some wicked hills. $10 per day fee. From Interstate 77 take Rt30 east, to Rt43 south, about 10 miles look on right for small sign near the gound for Elson St (or just look for the road sign), turn right on Elson St and it deadends into park.

Old 10-11-2003, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer

wayne national forest & perry state forest in southern ohio are some sweet places to ride if you like trails. you have to have a plate or sticker on your bike though. you can get them at the license bureau they dont cost that much. i am not sure the exact directions on how to get there though.

Old 10-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Truckpaul, i know you are asking for Oh, but Haspin Acres is just a little west in a town called Laurel, In. you can visit www.motocrosspark.com. I am thinking of trying a trip to Wayne Nat'l forest, does anyone have a website for this area, or some good directions?
later sparx

Old 10-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer

try this website http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/ or type in wayne national forest in your search browser

Old 10-13-2003, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

Sparks-- where are you coming from? I ride in the Wayne(S.E. OH.) allmost every weekend. I live in the Columbus area. 90 min. s.e. of Columbus. Take route 33 S.E. to Logan OH., just below Logan the 4 lane turns into 2 lane, 1/4 mile after that, you will see a sign "WAYNE NAT'L. FOREST-- Dorr Run trail heads", follow the signs. (90 miles of trails in this area). Very diverse terrain. Lots of hills and mud. When I am not in the Wayne, I am at the Hatfield McCoy Trails in s.w. WVa.

Old 10-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the website wildman.
trx i am 35 miles north of Cincinnati. have you ran across many z400's and how did they do? are the trails pretty clean or is there a lot of creek rock?
thanks sparx

Old 10-15-2003, 08:05 AM
Pro Rider

sparx-- the trails are pretty clean, clear. Not like Big Rock, with a bunch of shale, etc.
WNF, Hanging Rock Trailhead (near Ironton, OH)might be closer for you. Trails are pretty nice, but just not as much. 35 miles, compared to 90 miles.
Yes, I see a lot of 400's. I ride with three, or four of 'em.

Old 10-15-2003, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Crow Canyon in Uhrichsville, Ohio. They have nice trails, motox track and a peewee track. www.crowcayonmx.com

Old 10-15-2003, 01:35 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey sparx, what towns are around you, Im a little North of Cincinnati to. I see u go to haspin to, I've been to wayne a couple of times, really nice long trails, nothing to challenging though.

My friend has a Z and has had a problem with fuel getting in the oil, have you had this problem?

Old 10-15-2003, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

thanx trx450, i will have to check out the Wayne.

motox, i live just outside of Hamilton towards Oxford,(about 10 minutes from MU). I saw your post on Haspin, was this from a reliable source? It would suck if Haspin was to close down, maybe there has been some liability issues.

as far as the fuel getting into the oil i have not noticed this but will keep an eye out.
later sparx

Quick Reply: Ohio Riding Areas