Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

SOUTHERN INDIANA RIDERS

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOUTHERN INDIANA RIDERS

I 'm considering opening a atv park in Orange Co near Patoka lake . I would like to get some feed back from riders in that area . I'm thinking of puting in a few tracks , cabins , and campsites . Depending on the land size a trail ride . Any feedback will be appreciated .

Old 10-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think a park in this area will definitely be a good place. There are a ton of people in Indiana and Kentucky that ride. I always thought that there should be some trails near Patoka Lake. It is a beautiful place. If there was a park to ride at Patoka, I would buy a year round pass.

Old 10-12-2003, 01:30 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I see your from MYERSVILLE, Maryland.

Do you all ready own the property or are you just looking to purchase with that in mind.

I would think you would have to have deep pockets because I can't see a bank loaning you the money for this endeavor.

Old 10-13-2003, 05:38 PM
Range Rover

I JUST READ THAT YOU WANTED TO BUILD A RIDE PARK IN SOUTHERN INDIANA. MAN YOU WOULD BE THE KING TO THE RIDERS OF THE AREA. THE CLOSEST PLACE TO RIDE IS HASPIN ACRES AND IT IS EAST OF INDY. THE OTHER PLACE IS THE BADLANDS. LYNNVILLE IS AROUND BUT UNLESS YOU HAVE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE IT SUCKS. AS FAR AS IDEAS THE BEST THING TO DO WOULD BE TO HOLD HARE SCRAMBLES AND HAVE PLENTY OF TRAILS TO RIDE ON. THE HISTORY OF AT LEAST THE LOUISVILLE AREA IS THAT MOTOCROSS PARKS DON'T USUALLY LAST LONG. ANYTHING WITH TRAILS AND TALL HILLS IS DEFINITELY THE BEST. I GAURANTEE THAT IF YOU WERE TO OPEN IT I WOULD BE DONE THERE ALOT AND WOULD BRING MY FRIENDS AS WELL. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WANT MORE INPUT FEEL FREE TO EM-AIL ME AT MUSTANG341@AOL.COM. I LIVE IN THE NEW ALBANY AREA AT IT TAKES ME ABOUT AN HOUR TO GET TO PATOKA. THANKS

Old 10-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to agree with BigBlazer that if you built a park you would be king. I live in Martin county and Patoka is only 25 minutes from my house. Me and my friends are always looking for new places to ride without having to drive 1 to 2 hours away. You are going to have a good fight getting it going but you will have enough supporters behind you.

Old 10-27-2003, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ride with 15 people and we are always looking for somewhere to ride. I'm sure you would not have a problem bringing Southern IN riders in. There is not many places to ride around here. Good Luck!

Old 10-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

DO it. We need somewhere to ride. I live in Bloomington. And the only close place to ride is North lawrence recreational park but it doesn't have good trails. Anyone live near bloomington? I need a group to ride with.Also i'm only 14.

Old 10-28-2003, 08:12 AM
Range Rover

I live about 45 minutes north west of bloomington, I'm glad to hear what you had to say about Bloomington before driving down there. We were planning to make a trip down there this week. Theres not many places around here to ride. I was hoping there were alot of trails in bloomington, we used to go to Attica alot but since they started letting jeeps in there they have destroyed the woods riding. Well if anybody hear's of some good wood riding areas I would be all game for the trip. DennisC

Old 10-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

I live in Heltonville but work in Bloomington. We used to ride at Duger (aka, redbird). That was a pretty neat place, I don't know about it now but it would be worth checking into. I was also told yesterday that there is a new place in Buda that just opened up. I really don't know anything about it other than there is a track there. The biggest problem with any of the places thats tried to have trails is the lack of acreage. most places try to get buy with 100-200 acres or so and that really isn't much with you get to riding.

Old 10-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Range Rover

I also used to ride alot at Redbird. I havn't been down there since the state took over operations. The main reason is its only opened now on week ends. I like to ride through the week. I also need to get my bike registered before I go. If you find out anything about the place you mentioned - buda, let us know. Thanks DennisC

Quick Reply: SOUTHERN INDIANA RIDERS