Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Sport quads own the trail at Wayne National Forest

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport quads own the trail at Wayne National Forest

sounds like some serious attitude problems here! worrior007 needs to chill a little. we usually don't have much of a problem around here with rude riders. they usually find theirself faced with a large group ready to school them in how to be respectful. someone posted that their 13 year old daughter was large enough to ride a z400. maybe so but is she mature enough to know her limits and respect them. just asking, she might be.

Old 10-23-2003, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

I need no lesson or attitude adjustment in trail courtesy, its common sense. Sure there are idiots out there, they are everywhere but to replace common sense with rules to dumb down the "sport" is assinine and suicide. So get over it and share the trail with whoever or whatever. Read my posts again, if you cant see the sarcasm intended for someone who dislikes sport quads and sport quad riders then you missed my point, incapable of seeing it or didnt want to see it in the first place.

Sorry for the confusion

Old 10-23-2003, 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Warrior if you know you aren't someone who needs to learn trail courtesy I really don't understand why you might have taken offense originally. Was it just because of the mention of sport quads? Surely we all know that it's just as possible to go too fast on a ute and even moreso on a dirtbike. I didn't think you actually meant you ran over someone on purpose. Your sarcasm was obvious. But I did think your response was more about responding to a complaint of people riding too fast. Your second post mentioned a problem with speed being perceived as too fast when it really wasn't. I guess I was going by that. I certainly didn't mean to miss your point. Sorry if I did. Both of my examples were about stuff other than sport quads. I didn't mean to imply sports quads were the problem.

I don't want to see rules imposed either. That was the entire point of my first post. It just seemed to me that there were a lot of people resisting the idea that riding responsibly was a good idea. Sorry if I mis-read your post.

Old 10-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

when i say chill a little i mean when a person has something to say unless it applies to you then just let it roll off you back. believe me when i say i am not takeing sides, just look to see what i ride. i myself don't own a utillity but am planning on buying one for my wife. i have rode since i was 5 and have owned dirt bikes from mr-50, way before the xr-50, to a yz-426 which was very easy to go fast on. if you are not one of the people acting a fool out there then don't let them make you act like one in here with something they said.

Old 10-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

When slowing down for oncoming riders it's always a good idea too hold your fingers up indicating how many riders are behind you or point behind yourself. That way the other party will know other riders are behind you and can be watchful.