Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

texas

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2000, 11:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-18-2000, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't many people ride this time of year? It seems like every weekend when I go out riding there are less and less people. It is not that hot yet.

Old 06-21-2000, 11:41 AM
Trailblazer

If your look'n for mud and water riding, come on out to Fun Wheeler Park, Longview,Tx.

If your more into hill climbing then you need to go to Shilo Ridge, Alto,Tx. They have a little mud and water also.

Both places have special events like Mud Races, Sand Drags, Barrel Races, and Sport Bike Races.
Anyone interested in these places can e-mail me and I'll be more than happy to tell ya more about them and how to get there..

C-ya

TAZ

Old 06-21-2000, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, it's Seadoo time in Texas. Come September though it will be dirt time again. This is the time you do all your mod's to your bike. Just put on a complete exhaust system on my 400ex. Also, will be getting....I don't want to hear it, my Raptor in Sept. Until then I'll be at Lewisville and Texoma Lake on the weekends.

Old 06-23-2000, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer

One more place left out is right on the east side of Bridgeport Lake west of Decatur. It is called Twin Hills Cycle Ranch. The site www.txmud.com has a list of many of the places mentioned in the previous posts with details and phone numbers as well as other regions in Texas. Twin Hills was ok - very rocky, not as good as Rocky Ridge or Flying P north of Weatherford

Old 06-23-2000, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Are the trails cut wide enough for ATV's yet? I have been told that this is a new riding area and the trails are very narrow.

Old 06-25-2000, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer

I did not have any problems on them. Some were very narrow, maybe if you have a sport quad with extra wide wheelbase you might have some tight sqeezes. Unless you park in the camping area it is hard to find a shaded place to park because the trees are thick. I saw several quads out there. I imagine the longer it is open the more and more trails there will be. Some of the trails through the trees are very rocky with uneven paths. You must pick your line very carefully. The new dirt roads are very smooth so they are fund to cruise on. There is also a fairly large river you can try to cross. It looks more like a rapids crossing because the water moves fast over rocks. Some bikes crossed it and some did not make it all the way.

Old 06-27-2000, 07:12 AM
Pro Rider

HEYYYY TX riders, quadamanic, kawa220, TO_Y28, Pfelect, Bignasty15, ccarpe1, if you guys ever go to Rocky Ridge or Flyin P on the weekends LEMME KNOW!!! I would love to ride with some fellow ATVers, all I ride with are stinkin dirtbikes.
I was at Flyin P 2 weeks ago on a Sunday and saw a whole slew of ATVs, was that any of you guys?, a whole bunch of utility quads and what looked like a 300 or 400ex, really loud.
I was out there with a bunch of ppl, parked in the middle of a small circle track, 2 trucks and a car, 3 dirtbikes 1 atv(my blaster) and a small atc for Stacys son.
What was funny was I was thinkin about takin off with the group of quads and leavin my buds, lol.
Well email u guys!! at unrealtourn@hotmail.com or optimus1@mallardnet.com
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2000, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer

Does anyone know of any riding spots around Sommerville(lake), Basdrop, Lagrange, Brenham, Belvell, Bryan, Conroe, that is not to crouded.

Magnum 500,Warn winch

Old 06-27-2000, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Ive been wanting to go back to Rocky Ridge real soon. If I can get some of my non-internet friends to go, I'll post it here, maybe as soon as next weekend,

Quick Reply: texas