Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Redbird Loop in Kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redbird Loop in Kentucky

I just got done riding the redbird loop in Kentucky and I absolutely loved it. I think it was one of the best trips I have ever taken. Myself and two of my friends did 85 miles in one day on quads. I was just posting to see if anyone else had been there and what they thought of it.

Old 10-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

I've not heard of it, where in Ky is it located

Old 10-27-2003, 09:22 PM
Range Rover

it is about 50 miles east of london. the name of the town is big creek. it is a 80 mile loop, maybe shjorter maybe longer. some of the trail is accessible by bikes only. the rangers say some accessible by trucks only but i can go more places on my quad than i can in a truck. We rode trails 1 through 11 and then tool the road back to eight. One to eleven was about fifty, and eight back to one was thirty. The trails are easy to moderate. You only climb hills when you start a trail, when you finish a trail you com off of the hill. the trail follows the ridgetops extremely well. trails were real fast and a lot of fun. any more questions feel free to ask

Old 10-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

is the trail somthing that you could take kids on, or are they more for the intermediate/advanced rider

is this the place ??? this ??

Old 10-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Range Rover

the liunk you posted is the place. the description that is on the site is a little rough. If your kids have ridden before they can definitely go here. the trails really are not that hard but some sections can get rocky and they may need to be helped out but if i had kids i would feel comfortable riding with them.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

cool, thanks.. gonna bookmark this site and will have to check it out in person

thanks

Old 10-29-2003, 08:49 AM
Range Rover

Can you tell me how far this is from New Albany? I'm from Terre Haute and would try to ride there next week if possible. Do you haft to be registered or anything? Thanks DennisC

Old 10-29-2003, 03:29 PM
Range Rover

DennisC,
The Redbird Loop is about three and a half hours from New Albany. Take 1-64 west to I-75. 64 turns to 75 in Lexington. take 75 south to exit 41. That will be the Daniel Boone Parkway. Take a left at the exit and go through London, and past Manchester. The exit you will want to take is just a left turn no real exit ramp. It is called Big Creek. There are signs to follow to get you to the ranger station. Definitely pick up a trail map. It helps you know where you are in relation to the ranger station once out on the trails.
You do not have to be registered or anything big that is what is great. It is absolutely free, no charges or anything. If you have any more questions just post and I will answer as soon as I can.