Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Dunes in Alaska?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dunes in Alaska?

ATVALASKA,

I didn't mean that there are no rules at all but compaired to most anywhere else we are by far the most lenient. In many states the only places to ride are ATV parks which most people have to pay for. We can ride just about anywhere. Yes there are limites but Alaska is HUGE and we nearly have free rein.

If you don't mind me asking where do you ride? I ride a lot with the ATV club and we're always looking for new riders.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dunes in Alaska?

Howdy Howdy,

I hear ya man. We are lucky because there is so many places we can ride, I mean if we really wanted to we could ride for days and never see another soul..lol. I ride alot at up Sutton, some at Eureka and up towards Hatchers Pass as well. Havent riden the Bird Creek Trail but I hear its kind of fun, if you have is that true?? If you have a lady you want to take on an easy ride the Eklutna Lake trail is long enough to keep them busy and the sights are not to shabby either. Could you imagine riding Turnigan Pass in the summer. Looking back off the tops of those mountians would be incredible!!!

Hope to hook up with some of you locals here this next summer on the trails.

Till then, stay warm!!

Old 01-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dunes in Alaska?

Yes that would be nice but we must leave some trails for the hikers. I've never done Bird Creek but I will as soon as my ATV is out of the shop. Here's a short list of where I've rode:

Boulder
Permenente
Knik - Jim Creek
Hatcher Pass
Kings River
Puriton
Eureka
Ft. Rich

I plan on doing these and try out more this year. I didn't get out as much as I would have liked to last year. Have you been to our site yet? Check it out has a lot of good stuff for Alaskan ATVers. You will need to register to get see everything but we hollar out every time we plan on going out. Everyone's welcome. www.arctictrails.net

See ya on the trails...

Old 01-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dunes in Alaska?

Sutton is a blast if you want to ride for hours and have a great place to camp too.

What shop has your ride and what happened, if you dont mind me asking??

Old 01-25-2005, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dunes in Alaska?

Don't forget fishing too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The Suzuki dealership has my machine. I had a coupon for a matenance so I thought let them do it so I'm messing with it in the COLD weather. When I got it back I went riding to Jim Creek and the thing broke down one me about 15 miles in. I was lucky someone came by and gave me a tow back to the truck. When I got it home I found that they didn't put the oil plug in right and it fell out!!!!! $1,500 worth of parts to fix it. They are paying for it but I'm still without a machine but I'm hoping to get it back this week. It better be fixed right this time or I'm demanding a new machine.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:41 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dunes in Alaska?

Holy crap!!!! What the heck were you doing out that far alone? I ment holy crap about the oil plug. I guess about the second statement also. What dealer did you take it to? I go to ASAC for everything. The only problem I ever had was when one of the mechanics broke my foot shifter. I went to pick up the machine and was told that the mech had to push the machine out. I had him replace it right there, but it made me wonder why it wasn't replaced two days earlier when the part was sitting right there. I didn't blame him for abusing the thing because I have broken the weld myself and wasn't abusing the machine at all. ASAC has made three payments on my 500 because they didn't catch the servise bullitin about the speedo gear and it shelled out the bottom half on the first ride. They have been easy to work with, but then again I dropped over 20K there this spring. I'm sure things will change when they forget my name.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:48 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dunes in Alaska?

If you do get it back by this weekend, there is a good size group of us heading out to the glacir this Sat. We usually meet around 10:00 in the morning out at the parking lot by the race track. If your headed that way or want to got give me a call 952-4582. We're pretty much all from Elmendorf. A couple guys are from E.R. and Wasilla.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dunes in Alaska?

I personally wouldnt go anywhere else than ASAC either. They have some serious riders who work there and if I am gonna have someone working on my ride I want it to be the ones who abuse them and know how to fix them!!

Helps that I know them well too though. Enjoy the ride I will be watching the Barrett Jackson car auction on the Speed Ch. over the weekend.

Old 01-25-2005, 03:07 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dunes in Alaska?

Good deal. I will be out freezing my nads off. I'm actually going to camp out there this weekend. I have a very small pop-up camper I hook to the quad and go. Three, maybe four of us are staying over night. The rest of the guys are too afraid of getting cold so they made excuses not to go camping in January. I'm trying to get away from the wife. She's pregnant again and I really need to get away from the mood swings. We'll see you on the trails some other weekend.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dunes in Alaska?

Have you Alaska bunch ever ride with the club here? Check out our site: www.arctictrails.net

Also, what is ASAC? I may have to check them out.