Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

NO, tell us about fullerton.. do they have hookups for campers?!?!?

Old 11-04-2003, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

I dunno if they have hookups, but I know they have restrooms.

Every March (I think) there is a big race, The Great Piney Woods Enduro. They've been doing it for about 10-12 years now. It is so popular that the Kistachie made a camping/recreation area out of where the enduro riders used to camp. There are about 30 acres of trails to ride, but you can go just about anywhere out there. THere are trails all over the place.

I have some pics of the one time we went. It is only about 6 miles from parent's in Cravens/Fullerton (dunno what the map will show [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )

http://www.krawdaddy.net/atv/enduro.htm

here is what a google came up with http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...y+woods+enduro

I had a map my dad got from the Rangers but I don't know where he put it (I'm in Kenner, 192 miles away) I'll see what I can find out.

Old 11-05-2003, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

good work, shane. this is promising news. i'll be glad to help anyway I can to help establish and keep a good, family friendly riding area.... i'm still looking for places too...

Old 11-05-2003, 01:43 AM
Range Rover

Shane,

Please keep me in the loop as well. Let me know what I can do to help. There are alot of responsible and commited atvers in the Baton Rouge and surrounding areas....we just need to get it organized so we can make a difference.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 11-05-2003, 01:57 PM
CSG
Trailblazer

Count me in to help, as I can. What is everyone's ideas on the best way to organize ourselves? I have no problem with using an exist. club like the trailblazers, but they are too far for me to attend meetings. I don't mind jumping right in the middle of this & helping everyway I can.

Scott
scott.granger@levingston.com

Old 11-05-2003, 03:40 PM
Range Rover

Everybody keep an eye on this thread. I am planning to attend their meeting next Thursday, and I agree it is a bit far for most cen la riders.. maybe a alexandria or baton rouge chapter is in order.. maybe a new club. well see. I will let you know as soon as possible how it all goes.

Old 11-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

I think chapters would be kick ***. Every other month at the other chapters place. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just me thinking out loud. I have ties all over the state so I'm on the road alot anways [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I posted it on the trailblazers forum, but it is new (maybe a few weeks old) and gets little traffic now. Maybe if some of you guys joined and posted it would help [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

http://sltrailblazers.org/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

Old 11-06-2003, 01:55 PM
CSG
Trailblazer

Chapters would probably work great. Each chapter could deal with their own areas, but we would seem much stronger to people we were negotiating with when we can say there are x number of members in our club.

Old 11-06-2003, 02:41 PM
Range Rover

And I just think having a really large group of people that are all in the same club showing up at events or just big planned rides would be cool. It would really help the family environment if you had say, 12 members show up and camp together in a group. You would be sort of isolated from the crazy people, at least in camp. Chapters does sound like a good idea.
If each of us would just consider how many people we know that own four wheelers, and if we could get those people to join. Be a pretty big group with a pretty big lobby, real quick. Well, I will keep everybody posted. Possibly, we should get a representative from say, Alexandria, Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, maybe Monroe and Shreveport, although I know they have a club or two up there. Each person that speaks up will have to be willing to dedicate the time and effort to be the liason for the main club.. Well I will have some info next Friday. Yall have a good weekend.

Old 11-06-2003, 02:44 PM
CSG
Trailblazer

I'll volunteer for the Lake Charles area.

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!