Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 02:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Ok, Ill get a list going,
forward your email and contact info to me @
shaneevans1@***.net

Old 11-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can help out in both Lake Charles and Shreveport. Im in Lake Charles during the week, and in Shreveport on Weekends.

Old 11-15-2003, 09:24 PM
Range Rover

ok, here we go, I went to the Bonnet Carre Spillway, and met with Mr. George Hammer, the president of the the South Louisiana Trailblazers this morning (Saturday). Great guy. I rode the area that the club has worked so hard on and I must say I am impressed. Not a huge area, but surely something for everyone. There is a newly bulldozed and graded area for dragging, must be a full 1/4 mile or more. Much, Much longer than any one of us have ever experienced at the Dunes. I mean, you could wind out the hottest Banshee here, and safely race 4 bikes or so side by side.

First, looking at all the options, I highly recommend that ALL of you that live or even might ride anywhere in Louisiana, even if you only use your bike to get to and from hunting grounds in any state or national forests, JOIN. It is only 20 dollars a year, for either you OR your whole family. Your money will be spent to rent heavy equipment, to cover printing and postage for newsletters, and to pay for signage on trails.

I talked to George about our desire to work with the State of Louisiana on developing more public riding areas similar to the one down at the Bonnet Carre Spillway. He and I came to the conclusion, that it would be fastest to rapildly build membership in the SL Trailblazers and develop "working groups" that are dedicated to say, to Camp Claiborne. I am working on establishing contact with the Ranger district there to get permissions to work on the trails. To do things like posting maps, remarking faded trail markings, clearing the roots that are keeping many of us away, things like that.

What George and several other members that routinely make work days out there do is, work several hours Saturday morning, then enjoy the area the rest of the weekend. Any of you that have not checked their area out, should go, if only to see what Camp Claiborne COULD be. I also intend on contacting the Dirt Bike riders club that frequents Claiborne and see if we can work with them to improve things there.

In my recent correspondence with Ms. Elinor Craven, who works for the State of Louisiana Dept of Parks and Recreation ( ecraven@crt.state.la.us ) , she pointed out correctly that while the DirtBikers have made a long term commitment to the Camp Claiborne area, the ATVers have not, in fact it is us who cause many of the problems there. I have been there, she knows exactly what she is talking about.

I encourage (beg) ALL of you and ALL of your friends and family to join the South Louisiana Trailblazers Club. http://www.sltrailblazers.org/right.htm .

I think that a organized, family oriented club like this, with a significant amount of taxpaying, voting members is indeed a strong lobby to get the state to grant us use to more land. There are so many places all around this state, timber leases, the atchafalaya, HUGE areas of the Kistachie Nat. Forest, even some awesome national forests in Mississippi, that we dont have access to.

This club has established, and maintained a great relationship with one federal agency (The Army Corps of Engineers), I think we are capable of impressing some other government agencies with our numbers and commitment as well.

Membership in this club also means that you will have the option of participating in planned club rides where the membership shows up at various events in large numbers and shows what our sport can truly be. It means some packing in of chainsaws when you go riding, and packing out of some trash, but the ultimate goal is that the rangers and forest managers come out saying, damn, I am sure glad those guys are here to help us keep this place up.

Well, I will probably have more to write later, and I dont get long winded about much at all, and once all of you get to know me, you will realize how true that is, but I feel that all of us here love this sport, and if we dont become more involved, we are all at REAL risk of being relegated to riding our 6000 dollar and UP quads around our neighborhoods. The SL TBlazers have at least two club rides scheduled at Claiborne in the next several months, I suggest you all go to their site, join and participate. I am planning on going, and if I can get several of you to help out, I want to do a half day of work in and around the campsite there.

Well, more later, thanks,
Shane

Old 11-16-2003, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

sorry I missed you guys. I had to friggin work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

but anyways, that sounds like a great plan! I would love to see more riding area's here and all across South La.

I think we have a few club members going to Claiborne the weekend before Thanksgiving, nothing organized, just a group. Check our forums for more info http://www.sltrailblazers.org/ipw-we...topic.php?t=33

I'll be in Pitkin for Thanksgiving, mostly hunting I hope. But I told my dad I would like to go to Red Dirt/Kisatchie if we have time.

keep everyone up to date with the plans!

And join our forums! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003, 10:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Louisiana ATV riders, I'm leaving for Glamis, CA on Friday(Nov 21) morning at about 06:00 to 07:00 hours. If anyone would like to drive along just email me or reply. It's a two day drive (two long days). I'll be spending 4-5 days there, staying in a local motel and leaving abouts Friday, Nov 28 early (about 06:00 hours). Then drive two days back. It's Glamis!!!!

Old 11-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer

Ahhhh, Glamis... over thanksgiving. now THAT is gonna be a wild ride...

But, I cant go. Flying home to seattle for family functions.

HOWEVER!!

I talked with George Hammer (trailblazers pres) and he wants to put together a group to go next year. So keep that in the back of your minds.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Range Rover

damn, would I love to go with you!! We are considering going to Little Sahara. If I go to Glamis, I am not taking the kids or the wife the first time, until I have it scoped out good. I AM GOING in 04! Figure I would wait until I have the new 450r set up right to go!!

Again, anybody reading this, JOIN the SL Trailblazers, this is not a joke or a old member pushing for new membership!
This is a soon to be member, who has seen what just a little organization can get done in a short time. I think the sky is really the limit if we all get together.......

Old 11-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: badittude
damn, would I love to go with you!! We are considering going to Little Sahara. If I go to Glamis, I am not taking the kids or the wife the first time, until I have it scoped out good. I AM GOING in 04! Figure I would wait until I have the new 450r set up right to go!!Again, anybody reading this, JOIN the SL Trailblazers, this is not a joke or a old member pushing for new membership!This is a soon to be member, who has seen what just a little organization can get done in a short time. I think the sky is really the limit if we all get together.......
hey, you gonna make any of the planned rides next month? I would really like to see that Vforce in action!

also, read to all you South La guys, come join us for our night ride, see site for details [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bad, I will be joining soon.

Have fun in Glamis. I have set Glamis as one of my four big places to ride. Glamis, Oregon Dunes, Little Sahara, and Coos Bay.

Old 11-17-2003, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Bad, I will be joining soon.

Have fun in Glamis. I have set Glamis as one of my four big places to ride. Glamis, Oregon Dunes, Little Sahara, and Coos Bay.
Just FYI, Oregon Dunes *IS* Coos Bay... well part of Oregon dunes anywayz.

Coos Bay is farthest South, Winchester is about 10 miles north of Coos, then you've got Florence in the middle of the coast, and finally Sand Lake north of that. Take my word for it, Coos Bay and Winchester ROCK!!!! I should know, thats my home stomping grounds before moving to new orleans. Idaho is another good goal to bring you back to your 4 places. Choke Cherry Hill and Devils Dune both excced 700 feet from the bottom of the bowl to the top of the hill.

Most of my vids and pics on my web page are from Coos and Sand Lake.

If you EVER have any questions about the place, ask me.

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!