Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anywhere in Illinois?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anywhere in Illinois?

I'm from northeast Ill near Chicago. There is NO WHERE decent around here to ride! PLEASE someone tell me your secret spot???

Anyone got a ton of $ they want to lend me to make the Baddest Riding Spot? I'd love to make a place where you could have everything from hillclimbs, mudpits, Dirt/sand drags, and, a few different MX tracks for different skills, maybe even a place w/ runways to big jumps to pull off tricks???. People from other states will want to come here to ride rather then us always having to travel.

Send me the $ i'll start now! lol

Old 11-20-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, Not to many left[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

The Badlands in Indiana and Rockport in Illinois. If you really feel like driving then check out St Joe State Park in Missouri.

Old 11-21-2003, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Ever notice that in alot of other states there are REAL MX tracks like in the Huevos videos and the places they have Nationals at, while we'd be hard pressed to find a decent place w/ a jump, let alone something kept up. Man i kinda wish I live in Hillrodland on a giant farm! LOL

By the way i've been to badlands and, it is 2 hours away. They have a ton of hills to climb but that gets old in a hour or so. There are ZERO jumps and, the so called track was flattend and, not kept near decent. It is also real rocky and, has huge sharp/jagged rocks sticking out everwhere. 4 out of 6 of us put a serious dinger in our rims and, are scard to look at the bottom of our Quads.
I've also been to the Ottawa ATV park and, it was ok for an hour as well. Their track was pretty beat up and, not set up for Quads (whoever built it doen't ride a quad or never built a track before. It was more for bikes, the bikes could fly while the quads had to go 5 MPH through the weird burms and, had no room (or, traction in the bump filled straights) to get speed for the couple WEAK Jumps they had!

Old 11-22-2003, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

CB

Well, I'll scratch the Badlands off my list. Looked pretty cool on the website but if they only have 700 acres then you run out of room quick. I guess we're spoiled to the St Joe site. 8 or 10 thousand acres of mayhem out there.

I hate those whoops too where the bikes build up those things. Occassionally, the park will go through and grade them out or a heavy rain like we had earlier this week will do the job too. Part of the sand flats act as a river bed and you can really let the big ATVs loose for a bit. If you ride a Raptor then you know there isn't much use for 5th gear at most places. We dropped a tooth on our front sprocket so we'd get more use out of first gear and make it a little quicker out of the hole for drag racing.

Biggindbs and I are looking at putting a trip to Little Sahara in Oklahoma together. Tens of thousands of acres of sand dunes! Sound like fun?

4CD

Old 11-23-2003, 12:10 AM
Trailblazer

I have to disagree with you. I just went to the Badlands today for the first time. It was PARADISE! Killer place to ride. If you run out of room there, you have something wrong with you. You should try it since you never have. What a blast!!!!!!!!! I rode for 7 hours and didn't even cover the entire place!!! So many killer hills, sand, and trails! WOW!!!! Can't wait to go back!

Old 11-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

there's prolly 10 places within 30 miels of me to ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] prolly 4 r tracks( for quads) and hel l there's a track just down the road from me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i live about 50 miels east of Chicago 2 counties over

Old 11-29-2003, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

If you guys are looking for places to ride in Illinois and people too ride with, Join this club,Illinois ATV TrailMasters Its free !
You can log onto the forums there and meet people that live and ride in Illinos.
We also welcome those that are willing to share any info about WHERE they ride in Illinois.

Old 12-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

what state is St.Joe in?
i live in dekalb (35 mins south of rockford)
the places we ride (local) are a few private areas (not that great of course)
Fox valley offroad (great place, but its 20 bucks a day...)
some "trails" place but its HORRIBLE (over by oregon illinois) totally sucks its like 20 and only around like 20 acres....

then we have ridden the badlands twice, and silver lake up in michigan twice... (i LOVE the sand now and we are looking for more dunes that arnt like 20 hours away...)

Old 12-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

St Joe is at Farmington Missouri about an hour South of St Louis. Great place! Lots of sand flats to drag race on.

Quick Reply: Anywhere in Illinois?