Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfield McCoy warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 05:33 PM
wop
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatfield McCoy warning

Just got back with one less rincon and one less triton atv trailer. Just a friendly warning lock up everything you got there or you wont have it. Took police 2 days to come out and take report.

Old 11-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

You have got to be kidding! Thats the first ive ever heard of anyone having problems out. We have been out there twice a group and me with what we figured up about 190k worth of stuff and no problems.

Sorry to hear that man dont let it ruin your hatfield experience though...well i hope so anyways.

Old 11-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

Get the specifics on the bike and trailer on here so everyone reading this can keep a look out for you!!

Old 11-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Range Rover

Wow man that sucks. I've never heard of any problems down that way either, except there is this dude that apparently has been stealing quads for years and he travels between North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia and he is like wanted in 4 states. I saw his wanted poster up in several shops in NC and WV. The wanted poster says he has stolen like 100+ ATV's. Did you not have everything locked up? Where were you? I lock everything of mine down if I'm sitting right beside the police station, never can be too safe.

Old 11-25-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

Details, please. WHERE and WHEN was it stolen. Identifying marks on either the bike, or the trlr.?
BTW, I have ridden these H/M Trails since their opening, and yours is about the 3rd bike that I have heard about being stolen in as many years.
Many of the "Trailhouses" have a secure place to place your bikes. I wish you good luck recovering your stuff, man.
Tell us more............................

Old 11-30-2003, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

It was a bummer...this was our second trip and we have had a good time both times (the theft notwithstanding). We lost a 2003 Red Rincon (with a black case on back) and a Triton SL-8 ATV trailer. The Triton is aluminum with ramps that fold up on both sides. It had a steel box (like in your pickup)mounted to the front. The right front corner of the lid was torn from an "incident". They got helmets, gloves, goggles, tie downs and worst of all...most of the items were my kids stuff! Really low lifes to do this. We were told that the quads get fenced in Kentucky for typically $700 for a $7,500 quad. Makes you glad you work so hard to legittmately pay for your machine. What bothers me most is that there are apparently plenty of lowlifes that are more than happy to ride someone's machine knowing they suffered. I'll try to post my friends Rincon serial number. Two tips! 1) park your machines against an immobile object (buildings are good) and block them in with your tow vehicles. 2) make sure to insure your quads (oh...and your trailer won't be covered by homeowners or your truck insurance unless you have it specifically added to your policy (I know). They were stolen near Gilbert and according to the State Trooper this was the first time he ever heard of an out of state theft in the area. Based on the fact that the Rincon was stolen and they tried to take a Red Rancher (it was left in the road) we think they had specific orders. There were many more expensive machines than the rancher sitting right there..several P650s, Grizzly, brand new VForce...etc

Old 12-01-2003, 08:00 AM
Pro Rider

So sorry about your ruined vacation, and loss. I hope they catch the scum bags.
I have stayed in/around Gilbert many times. Care to tell me where, exactly, the bike/trlr. were stolen? P.M., if you wish. Thanks, Mike.

Old 01-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

Been twice. First time lost gas out of my truck and pass off front of atv.
Second time no lose, but seen the exact same truck and trailer rolling down the road while I ate. Trailer even made same rattling noise.
Friends thought it was funny till they remembered they rode 8 hours to get there in my truck. Best stake I ever had was at tops bar and grill. If you had one you know I'm right!!!

Old 01-05-2004, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

Dave-- Top's IS the place for a steak!!!!!!
Sorry about your loss of trauck, trailer and quads! Any recoveries?????

Old 01-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Range Rover

WOW
What a shock -
As I recall my trip to H/M,
the owner of the cabins ASSURED us of no threat of theft,
and actually laughed a little while I was locking our ATV'S with a huge Kryptonite cable & lock
I'm from Fort Lauderdale, have many friends with stories of disappearing ATV'S -
laugh all you want, country boy, but I will always lock the bikes - no matter how tired I am from riding those AWESOME TRAILS -

Quick Reply: Hatfield McCoy warning