Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Voucher system at Silver Lake

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2000, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone been to Silver Lake this year and experienced the new voucher system? Can you get in quicker than last year? It sounds like it could be worse if you have to park in the lot. If you get there Saturday, is there any chance of getting a parking lot voucher for the same day?

Old 06-21-2000, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Going there this weekend. I'll let you know how it is!

Old 06-22-2000, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer

we were up there the first day they used it, we got up there friday night. so we got the vouchers that night so we wouldn't have a problem. we didn't want to be with out them seeing as we drove six hours to ride there. you might be able to get them yet that morning. Hopefully but remember they are open 24 hours a day. we were also first in line on saturday to make sure too

Old 06-25-2000, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

We went there in May and we got there late Friday night and we got or vouchers then and saturday morning they said they were gone already my advice is to get them the night before

Old 06-29-2000, 06:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

we were up last weekend and here is how the system works.
they have 180 parking passes for sat and 180 for sun. if you recieve one of them you will get a parking spot. only if you show up to park between 7:00 am to 9:00am if you show up later you will wait in line for the next avilable spot.
ater they give all the parking spots away for sat. then you get a standby pass. a stand by pass has hours that you can get in line to park. but you have to wait for a parking spot to open up first. if you are in line before your passes time that is on your ticket. they will make you leave the line and come back the time that is on your pass.
here is the kicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they will start handing out parking pass at 6:00 pm on fri night. you can line up at 5:30 pm. if you get there before 5:30pm they will make you leave and come back.
once the 180 parkig pass is handed ou then they start to hand out standby passes.
when all the parking and standby passes are passed out. then you can start to get sun. passes.
it really sucks to go through this process just to ride.
i hope you will understand what i have told you.
if you want to ride sat. make sure you in line on fri. at 5:30pm

Old 06-30-2000, 04:16 PM
Range Rover

They are right, the new voucher system is a pain in the #ss. They said they set it up to keep people from lining up 2 miles down the road. I think there is a little more to it then that(instead of waiting in line for four hours, you will spend that four hours at the many shops and food joints in silver lake, but thats just my thoughts). But if you plan on going you better set a couple of days aside and hope they are not real busy. So if you have to drive a ways to get there you may want to consider going some where else, were you can spend your time riding instead of wainting, and hoping you will get in, because those vouchers go fast, and us local boys will be there first.

Old 06-30-2000, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer

So what you're saying is that you "local boys" would rather not have the riders from other areas come ride there? Do you speak for all the local boys or just the narrow minded ones? Small minds are like small children...they should never be left to wander unattended.

Trending Topics

Old 06-30-2000, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Richy26,
How do you get vouchers for Sunday? I got the Saturday drill down but I'm a little confused about Sunday. Do you have to leave the Dunes at 5:15pm on Saturday and get in line? Am I correct in thinking that you cannot get Sat. and Sun. at the same time? Any help you could share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -RT

Old 06-30-2000, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Witz, you ever been to Silver Lake? If you have, you know it gets extremely busy. Regardless of his intentions, he's right. You better have your ducks in a row or your in for a long ride home. Best advice I can give anybody who is drivin' in from out of state is to take Thursday and Friday off. This gives you time to ride the park when traffic is light. When the weekend rolls around you get pumped up by all the action. After 3 1/2 days at the park you should be ready to go home.

Old 07-01-2000, 10:27 AM
Range Rover

I think I just speak for the narrow minded children your talking about, I love riding at silver lake and so do alot of other people around here, we go almost every weekend, so we know the ins and out of the system well and many local yocals will be out on the dunes riding while out of staters are still trying to figure out where to get a voucher and what time there voucher is valid. I liked the old system better(first come first serve), but if you want the easiest way to get in you have to be dune ready.

Quick Reply: Voucher system at Silver Lake