Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Bauer's Pit in Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bauer's Pit in Minnesota

FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Old 05-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: moosehunter
Okay.... Here we go again. For the second time I heard someone say the pit was closed. True or false?
FALSE

I was there Thursday 5-27-04

Was kind of wet,But still fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info!! I'm sort of planning on trying to get down there tomorrow. Depending on Mom nature of course.... Rain don't bug me none, but a big time thunderstorm may just persuade me to stay home... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

If it was wet on the 27th, it's really going to be a mess now!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'll be going down there via 35 south and then heading into Dundas... I'm a little confused as to where to go from there. A little help here would be great!! Street/road numbers or names would really come in handy!!

If you make the trip yourself, just look for the camo Polaris 700 that's in my sig. I'll most likely be the only one out there sportin' a set of Piaa driving lights on my brushguard. Also look of the fishingminnesota.com stickers on the bumpers. Stop by and say "Howdy"......

Thanks again....

Old 06-01-2004, 01:06 AM
Range Rover

Stopped down at the pit today... This first timer had quite a ride!! Seems like there's basically something for everyone. Sand, mud, rocks, water... Had a GREAT time!!! And I was even alone!!! All my buddies crapped out on me "cause it looked like rain.." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] They're loss!!!

The directions I got here were spot on except for the exit off 35 south is 66 not 68. No biggie!!

Roy is a heck of a guy!! With the weather so "iffy", and me being a first-timer, he let me take a grand tour of the place and then, if I liked it, I could pay him. Ya just don't find that anymore!!!

So..... Roy, if you're listening.... I'll be back!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I WENT TO BAUER'S PIT ON SATURDAY AND IT WAS CLOSED DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS?

Old 09-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, Roy has gotten in trouble for not having the pit up to their standards and letting people ride yet. He is in hot water for something else too that is related the the pit and has to go to court (again) for this. So he had to close it down. Sorry.

Grandaughter

Old 09-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

will it be open anytime soon ??

Old 09-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Last I heard was a local motorsports business was in the process of setting up a lease situation for the land to keep it open for ATVs and Dirt Bikes. Obviously, this would be the best case scenario since all the "conditions" from the County would be met, and we'd have our riding area.

It's definitely not going to happen this year, but depending on how much the business and Roy & Family communicates this fall & winter, _MAYBE_ next year.

Tri-County ATV Pit is the closest legal land to Bauer's Pit. It's not what Bauer's is, but Tri-County will be expanding to twice its size soon... There was quite a few riders over there all this weekend. Let me know if you need more info about it...