Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Info for out of state riders in Utah

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003 | 12:34 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Info for out of state riders in Utah

I have a question for the Utah guys. I'm a new ATV owner, can ya tell? lol

Utah say you don't have to register your out of state ATV for 14 days as long as the ATV is registered in your home state. Ok but it says nothing about ATV's that can't be registered in your home state. Anyone know what the rules are for us Nevada guys that wanna come and visit your great state?

What about my 16 year old son. He does not have a drivers licence, or a Utah OHV education certificate. Can he ride without one?
Thanks...

Craig

Old 12-31-2003 | 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also live in Las Vegas and have gone to southern Utah riding quads. Have never had any problems with not having a registration also my two sons (14 & 7) ride and nothing has ever been said about them. There was a group of us at Coarl Pink sand dunes and the park rangers said nothing to any of us.

Old 12-31-2003 | 01:36 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Technically, your son needs to pass the Utah OHV class, and have a current sticker from your state. AIR, is a member on here, and the President of the UTah ATV association, he is involved with the OHV education calsses as well. Contact him through PM if you have any other questions. He is always ready to help.
Reality, keep a helmet on him/her, don't ride doubles, keep little ones off big machines, and PLEASE, don't litter, and you will be fine and have fun.
Utah Rangers, are for the most part, pretty cool, tourism is big in our rec. areas, so we try not to run off to many out of towners.

Old 01-21-2004 | 11:00 PM
|
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: BAM2003
I also live in Las Vegas and have gone to southern Utah riding quads. Have never had any problems with not having a registration also my two sons (14 & 7) ride and nothing has ever been said about them. There was a group of us at Coarl Pink sand dunes and the park rangers said nothing to any of us.
Thank you for the info. Sorry for the delay. Had shoulder surgery and just getting back into the swing of things.

Craig

Old 01-21-2004 | 11:03 PM
|
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: KGB
Technically, your son needs to pass the Utah OHV class, and have a current sticker from your state. AIR, is a member on here, and the President of the UTah ATV association, he is involved with the OHV education calsses as well. Contact him through PM if you have any other questions. He is always ready to help.
Reality, keep a helmet on him/her, don't ride doubles, keep little ones off big machines, and PLEASE, don't litter, and you will be fine and have fun.
Utah Rangers, are for the most part, pretty cool, tourism is big in our rec. areas, so we try not to run off to many out of towners.
Were set as far as helmets and never trash a place. We are looking forward to going to Utah this summer, and the Piaute trail. I have heard of people going to enterprise, what is that like?

Craig