Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riding in Los Angeles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding in Los Angeles?

My first trip was out to rowher flast .. off the 14... It was way to rocky for me, some of the hills had 2 foot rutts. and rocks RIGHT in the way.. needless to say I tipped 2 times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So I went to Gorman which is probably one of the best places to ride... I've been thinking to head up to Pismo Beach but it's still pretty far. I'll be going back to Gorman this weekend unless anyone knows of somewhere else that's great to go riding(within 1.5 miles from LA I'm in Northridge, so I should say North LA)....

THANKS! ! ! ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

try going out to el mirage.

Old 01-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

Bandit, I don't live too far from you.

I live in Valley Glen, right next to Van Nuys. I might make a day trip to a place called Dove Springs this weekend. It's about 1 hr 30 mins away from where we are. Really nice riding, but it may be a bit cold.

Also, Next weekend, the 17th I am going to a place called Truckhaven. It's an overnight trip, but should be cool.

Here's the post about it.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/376525.cfm

Let me know if you're interested in going riding anytime.

Old 01-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Lennie, El Mirage looks pretty sweet 24000 acres?? I'll have to look into Dove Springs.. I was tentatively planning on going to gorman on sunday .. 50miles north up the 5 from here... I'll keep you posted

Old 01-09-2004, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

My first trip was out to rowher flast .. off the 14... It was way to rocky for me, some of the hills had 2 foot rutts. and rocks RIGHT in the way..
Bandit33, I've never been to this area you spoke of, but would a guy who likes technical riding on a 4X4 enjoy that area? Also, when you talk of Gorman, are you talking about Hungry Valley? If so, how would that place be for someone looking for technical riding? My brother-in-law lives in Santa Clarita, and I'm looking for some areas near his house to take him riding. Preferably, someplace that would take advantage of the 4X4 capabilities of my quads.

Old 01-09-2004, 03:23 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hungry Valley isn't really technical, but it does have a lot of excellent single track trails. For single track, it is my second favorite place after Pinnacles. Lets do a trip out there sometime!

For technical riding, what about the hills around Calico Ghost Town????

Old 01-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

Calico's great. I'm going there in a few weeks with my Jeep club. It would be a fun place for 4x4 quads

Old 01-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

I wouldn't consider Gorman (Hungy Valley) too technical. Rowher Flats is just off the 14 a few miles east off the 5.. I would consider it technical as I rolled my quad 2 times. It's rocky, rutted and when I was there muddy too which didn't help. btw. rowher Flats is about 20 minutes from Santa Clarita Very Close. Where is Pinnacles?? I'm going riding sunday ... was thinking el mirage or Hungry Valley again...

Old 01-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Trailblazer

Bandit..

I'd like to go riding also this sunday if you want, I'll go either place.

I just would have to be back around 4 for a family thing.

Old 01-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

There are a few technical trails around Hungry Valley. If you wanted, the Miller Jeep trail would be a blast on a 4x4 quad. But you have to go in a bit to get there. A few neat spots I take my jeep to in the area. Lockwood mountain and Yellowjacket canyon would be fun in the area too.

It's a great area for day trips out there and fun can be had bay all.

Quick Reply: riding in Los Angeles?