Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Lil Saharah in Oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lil Saharah in Oklahoma

My plans are not looking so hot for this year. My g/f is pregnant and expecting on july 4th. I was going to go to snake hunt but it is looking like other things will be coming first. Not that I am complaining.

Old 01-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

I am planning on going March 15-19, and sometime in May or early June. I have gone in March before and had a great time, temps in the 60's seem perfect, although I have gone in July and August and had a miserable time. In one late July trip, we locked up a YZ125, and basically melted a Blaster. Anything over 100 is way too hot, but it was still better than staying home.

Old 01-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Some friends and I went on Memorial Day weekend 2 years ago. It was a good time, people everywhere. My wife had just started her 9th month of pregnancy. Wanna talk about being nervous, whew! And trying to find a place to park wasn't easy. You better get there early.

Everything worked out great, except that after the 10-12 hour drive down there, and after riding for all of 5 minutes my Banshee broke. I had a spare shift lever, spare just about everything. Didn't have what I needed though. The needle clip broke in one carb. After going to the store at the park, and all three or four in Waynoka, I finally was able to get a couple of them at the last store. I'm taking extras this time! I didn't want to have to drive all the way back to Enid to try to get some! We had asked around and many people tried to help me out, but no one had a clip that would work.

Anyways, we also like to go to the car cruise, etc, in Woodward that weekend. I guess they still do that. That time we were there, they had people spraying down the street for burnout purposes. Our trip was just an all around good time.

Daren

Old 01-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

How far is woodward from lil sahara? I've heard about this but never been there...maybe i can take the GN or monte ss if the paint is done....but then i couldn't haul the atv's lol

People down there are often willing to help. Its a long trip to get stuck with nothing to ride. Probably be down there around the 23rd with 5 or 6 other quads if some other people want to meet up with us.

Old 01-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

Last year we took two trips and one of them was July the 4th....stupid, I know now, one of the guys that went with us had a heat stroke.....It was like 122 degrees out on the sand.....We went back for Sandfest and there were alot of people but the weather was better.......When is Spring Break there? I hate to have to bring a generator again, but if that is the time of Spring Break we will prob need it, no hook ups!

Old 01-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

Woodward is about 30-35 minutes west of Little Sahara.

Old 01-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Shaun, I would love to go. But we are planning a trip there later this year.

Old 01-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Range Rover

spring break for most students starts around the 23rd of march Thats when we'll be there..maybe i'll have the bansheeke screamin by then [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

122 degrees????? Are you guys nuts???? I think I'll go in March or April!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

I will be there for Sandfest also.....But I do know that we are going to be there the 23rd....I should have atleast four in my group.

Quick Reply: Lil Saharah in Oklahoma