Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

La. Dunes.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default La. Dunes.

I like the fact that magazines are starting to get out and see the smaller riding areas. Everyone pass the word to wear there helmets and try and make it out. Hopefully some of the riders will make the mags.

Old 02-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default La. Dunes.

I've got to check my work schedule but i'll do all i can to make it.

Old 02-11-2004, 03:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default La. Dunes.

The LA Dune website is down. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Maybe they are updating it,they need too,the upcomming events callender hasn't even been changed from Jan. to Feb. yet.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default La. Dunes.

thats really too bad that LA dunes is getting magazine exposure. Its such a hole in the wall. And lately it has been getting nothing but bad press online in regards to the staff operating it, and the condition of the place as a whole. Not to mention the sand is more accurately a course grain, the dunes are extrememly tore up and rough, and there isnt ONE challenging hill in the entire place.

It would be one thing if they took those outrageous gate fees and actually put some of that money back into the riding area, but they dont (or its not apparent that they do) and that means its just goldmine for somebodies pockets and the place will continue to degrade.

I need my sand fix just as bad as everyone else. its too bad a junky like me cant find a higher quality drug dealer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The dunes we found in perkinston MS are/were nice, but some project in Bay St Louis has purchased the sand and is scheduled to start closing it down soon (no firm date, so we are riding till the gate goes up).

Old 02-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default La. Dunes.

I know alot of us agree with what your saying. I hate paying the gate fee, because hes not using the money to improve the property. I just wish he would spend alittle time and effort into smoothing it out and doing a better job of policeing the idiots out there. Im tired of seeing people hammering back beers like there going out of style then jumping on there quad to race people. Dont get me wrong, I like to drink myself, but I never drink when I plan on riding my quad. I have a hard enough time staying on it sober.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think that getting alittle bad press could help. Maybe he would address some of our concerns.

Getting some good press could help aswell.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default La. Dunes.

Anyone else wanting to ride????

Old 02-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default La. Dunes.

I will be there and the funny thing is I will be in Oklahoma on March the 23rd For the remainder of the week....Mike I agree I would like to know the name of the magazine also......Any mag that promotes ATV's is on my good list![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default La. Dunes.

This saturday looks crapy for ladune weather but Sunday looks great.

Old 02-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default La. Dunes.

Hey guys! I really wanted to know what this camrman was all about so I did some research! Check it out!
http://www.markarolland.com/NavPg.html

Old 02-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default La. Dunes.

By the way Mark, Sorry to blow your cover, We all love the sport and would never talk bad about the mag. That is just another one to add to my collection of subcriptions of the sport!

Quick Reply: La. Dunes.