Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Compare: Glamis/Dumont/Pismo

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compare: Glamis/Dumont/Pismo

Hey guys I always just go to glamis but I was going to make my way around this spring and I wanted to know what you guys thought.
Thanks

Old 02-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

Can't compare pismo since I haven't been, but haven't heard alot of great other than its next to the ocean. but I went to Glamis (mlk) and Dumont (Prez). Glamis is the Place outta those two anyways. Cleaner, Bigger and great riding. Dumont was good with lots of steep stuff but much smaller and on a busy weekend its alot harder to get away from the crowd. Dumont had a Rowdier attitude to it IMO. But I haven't been to Glamis for Thanksgiving and New Years and I hear it gets rocking on those weekends.

Old 02-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Dumont - huge dunes, lots of sand rails, large open area for camping, sand and dirt riding, bring both sets of tires, 11 hour ride from Northern California!

Pismo - small dunes, smaller camping area, great for beginners, cool spot to ride on the ocean, 4 hour ride from Northern California!

We ride Pismo usually once a month... it's a fun place, not really challenging, but the dunes change all the time, so you still have to be careful. Great people and great atmosphere right on the beach!! If you ride Pismo, make reservations online before you go as you never know when the beach is going to sell out... Reserve America.

Have fun![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]