Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Battiest/Broken Bow OK trail suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battiest/Broken Bow OK trail suggestions

The wife and I are headed to the area this Wed (3/3). We will stay through Sunday (3/7) to ride trails and maybe even fish a little in the Glover. We can hit the trail right from our cabin so we don't have to drive to unload. We are just south of Battiest a few miles right on the Glover.

What sections are the best as for scenic trails. Nothing steep or rugged as the wife couldn't negotiate it. Any favorites for casual riding for beginners?

Craig

Old 02-29-2004, 09:34 PM
2XS
Weekend Warrior

There really aren't any "trails," just old logging roads, and lots of them. From what I understand, you can't ride on anything a truck could not be on. You will see plenty of side trails where people have ventured off, but it is NOT allowed, and the fines are steep. That being said, it is a great place to ride, wife and I were there last weekend, fishing not real good yet, but with all the warm weather this week it ought to be getting good. We have ridden east and west of hwy 259 and have found great riding both places. This is a place where GPS is invaluable, extra fuel is also a great idea. I also have an AC650, gotta love the fuel capacity! There are some great views of the lake from high vantage points that are really cool to ride to. I will dig out my maps and see what i can find. Also, it would be a good idea to get the permit for riding the 3 rivers WMA. $25 for permit, and is good till end of the year. What cabins are you staying at that are right on the Glover?

Old 02-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

We went down the other day and checked out the cabins and area so we bought our permits then. We are staying at Crooked River Cabins. Really nice. 2br. 2bath, satellite TV VCR/DVD, fireplace w/wood furnished, 6person hot tub, gas and charcoal grills, canoe and flatbottom boat, everything furnished except your ATV, personal stuff, and food. Walk down the back bank and fish or use the boat or canoe. The owners will even come pick you up at a designated spot and time.