Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Adams County in Wisconsin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adams County in Wisconsin?

Anyone on here ride in Adams County, WI? Specifically the Town of Rome near the Dyracuse cycle track.

Thanks
Don

Old 03-03-2004, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

We ride ther once in a while the trailes there West of 13 North of Badger are closed till May but we do ride there every so often.

Kevin

Old 03-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

Don-
I have a place up there right on D and 13. We just bought a boat so we will be up there pretty often. We should ride sometime.

Old 03-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

My in-laws have a place near 9th and D. It still feels wierd to ride my atv on the public roads. Half the fun of riding the trails is getting to them. It probably takes 20 minutes on the roads from our cabin to get to the Bently Hills area.
Have you guys had any run-ins with the cops or the DNR? I'm wondering how picky they are with exhausts. I installed an MBRP muffler and it is louder than stock but still one of the more quieter setups.
Me and my brother-in-law got pulled over on D east of 13. We were not aware that this was not part of the ATV route. The map we had was old and inaccurate. The sheriff pulled out his book to write us tickets. Then, my brother-in-law pulls out his badge (Oak Creek Cop) and we get out of it. The sheriff points us to the nearest logging trail to get back on the route and off we go. It turns out that the local police and the sheriff's office do not agree on the atvs driving on public roads. The sheriff's office has handed out tickets in the past, citing that the city's ordinence is not legal. We talked to the local police and they told us to just make sure we stay on the trails.

I called up there today and they said the snowmobile trails were closed because of lack of snow. Then I asked if I could ride my atv on the streets and low maintenance roads that were part of the atv route. She told me I could but I just couldn't ride the trails where snowmobiles would ride.

If you see a black & red Raptor with a blue Raptor, that's us.

Old 03-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

DNR is getting 100K to use for noise enforcement this year. From what I read the magic 96DB is going to be the number.

Kevin

Old 03-04-2004, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

I think th MBRP meets the 96db level.....from what I've read on here.

Old 03-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

Watch out in the bently hills trails on that giant sand dune with the million trails going up it. Me, my cousin, and my 2 buddys all got $131 tickets for going off the trail, the "real" trail goes around then up and only across the top, dont go flying up the hill at 60mph when dnr is comeing up the same trial behind you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Officer Miller......What a nice guy.

Old 03-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Trailblazer

I have a place on badger ave and ride in that area also. I am there almost every other weekend in the summer. i too have paid my dues to miller. He will also ticket you for left of center on the sand roads surounding the off road park. see you guys there sometime. i ride a red scrambler