Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New to Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Charlotte, NC

Originally posted by: Cleve
Huge...what's TNT like? how does it compare to the hills near Fortune's ?
Cleve, The mx tracks at TNT are in great shape, but the trails are ....suffering..... Barbara has been working really hard, and from what I hear they are 10x better now than what they were about this time last year, but the last time I went they were rutted pretty badly from all the 4x4 quads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Huge may have been there more recently then I have, but right now I personally wouldn't waste the trip down there unless your planing on running one of the mx tracks as well.

Old 03-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

Cleve!! What up dude? You still coming down in April? We'll find plenty of ways to get in
trouble down here. I miss Fortunado's big time. But from what the guys here in The Piedmont
state are saying, there's some pretty good riding down here too.

Pairof98s,
Me and Bigdurt are gonna hook up sometime in April. Email me at BrianCQuinn@msn.com
if you're interested dude?

Old 03-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

Hey flyn,
Sorry it took so long I am out of town and had to track down my pass word. I am off organ church road between Rockwell and Chinagrove. Its a salisbury address, I don't know why I just live there. I am looking to hook up with huge soon to go ride anywhere. I have been out of town longer that I expected. New Orleans, four wheelers everywhere but not me. I am game as soon as I get home we can plan a ride. Oh yea whats up huge? you get my email yesterday? Later.

Old 03-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

No prob BigDurt. We're heading out to the GNC Mx race this weekend in Danville, but hows next weekend sound? We were thinking of heading up to Brown Mtn, but we're open to other suggestions. They have supposedly fixed all the rutted trails back up, and its supposed to be great up there now. Just let me know. You(or whoever else is interested) can drop me a line if you like, on my email:
flynbryan226@hotmail.com

Old 04-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer

What up Bigdurt and Flynbryan, that sounds like a lot of fun. BD, email me when you get back to town dude.
If you need me to take your Rappy on a walk while you're out of town, let me know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] She needs attention!

Old 04-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer

This Saturday April 10th brown mountain 9am. I drive a green expedition, black rappy in tow. email me if you want to meet early to follow. I am going rain snow or any other thing that gets in the way.

Old 04-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigdurt
This Saturday April 10th brown mountain 9am. I drive a green expedition, black rappy in tow. email me if you want to meet early to follow. I am going rain snow or any other thing that gets in the way.
I think we might actually have to head out there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I had planned on heading out to the tungston mines, but if theres actually gonna be people I know......We'll go. We should be there as well. I would say look for us by about 10am.(The wife has a hard time getting up early[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

Bryan

Old 04-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

BigDurt, I emailed you yesterday. I'm definitely in. Call me and we'll try and figure out a place to hook up.

Flynbryan,,,,,,sounds awesome man. We'll see you there. Email me at Briancquinn@msn.com and I'll
give you my cell phone.

I'm freaking pumped man, I can't wait[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

Ok I sent you an email before I read the second one. The farm house on Jake is cool. What time? Earlier the better for me. Tugston Mines? Our next adventure? Maybe.......it will be new to me.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigdurt
Ok I sent you an email before I read the second one. The farm house on Jake is cool. What time? Earlier the better for me. Tugston Mines? Our next adventure? Maybe.......it will be new to me.
Well BigDurt I'll leave that up to you. I probably won't be able to get my wife out of bed too early, but how does at the farm house @ 7am sound? I know you said that you wanted to get an early start though, so if thats not early enough we can just meet up at Brown mtn. Just let me know and we'll go from there. It should definately be me and the wife, and possibly my father-in-law may come as well. I'm also talking to Hangin'Dawg over on AtvNC and he says he'll be there as well, so We'll have to hook up with him as well.

We should definately check out the Tugston mines some time soon. Its by far the most fun place around here for sport quads. They strip mined the area and in three areas there is what is like dry lake beds with packed fine grain sand. And in other areas its more loose sand like beach sand. GREAT for rippin' and tearin' around with a sport quad. There is a drag strip, and there are several trails that surround the area. Its about the same distance to there as to Brown mtn.

At any rate, let me know how 7am. strikes ya for a meet up time and get back to me. I'll send you a pm(personal message) and leave you my cell phone #. If you like you can give me a shout and we can go over or plans in person. Just let me know, either way we should see you at Brown sat morning.

Quick Reply: New to Charlotte, NC