Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New to Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Charlotte, NC

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I agree on all points. We can talk this weekend too, I'm soo fired up to ride.

BigDurt, thanks for offering to trailer the quads. It sounds great to me. My only concern
is that I have to jet between 3 and 4. We're taking my boy out to get drunk for his birthday
on Saturday night so I should be back by 7. We'll figure it out at breakfast on Saturday.

Can't wait to ride this weekend. Maybe we can race a little too, if you give me a headstart that is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

See you Saturday!

Old 04-22-2004, 08:20 AM
Trailblazer

Its cool I want to leave a litte early too so 3 or 4 sounds good to me. Let me know.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider

Just to give ya a heads up guys, From what I have heard the fella that "runs" that place is starting to lay down a few more rules....... He's charging a parking/riding fee(its only $2.50 I hear), so bring some spare change incase hes around to collect it.

Old 04-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys i live in va about 15 mins from nc border id like to get together soemtime and ride with you guys just talk to me whenever.

aim: llamas united
msn: lordraveN@adelphia.net
yahoo: lordraven11

Old 04-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

We are headed north up 85 this saturday to oxford. Not far from va line i think. Ask flyin bryan what exit and we could meet you there.

Huge you want to ride up together or what?

Flyn thanks for the heads up I'll have cash. See you 8am farmhouse.

Old 04-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Pro Rider

I had called BigDurt last night to remind him to bring a helmet, so I'm gonna make a note on here as well for the others as well that may wise to come with us. Seems they are starting to try to get some sort of order/rule system in effect up there, so don't forget the helmets. Sounds like there may even be some people from AtvNC.com up there as well. Should be alot of fun! See you guys tomarrow at 8am. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Range Rover

Brian(aka "HUGE"),I'll be on the road at 4am Saturday heading to Danville,VA.How far from there do you guys go riding? Danville is on the border of NC,I don't know exactly what our plans are yet when we get to Danville but I am hoping to escape for awhile and drive to Pineville to catch up with you.
Cleve

Old 06-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

hey fellas are any of you guys planning on going riding this sunday, i am looking for a good place to go and some new riders to go with, let me know if interested

Old 06-08-2004, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider

Just checking in to see what everyone's up to? We had a blast weekend before last up at Brown Mtn. Wish you guys could've made it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We rolled out in force with about 7 of us.

This past sunday Dave and I went out to Uwharrie, and I have to say that I won't be returning. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The place is SO stinkin' rocky it just is a waste of time. Lots of fun for 4x4 trucks/quads, but all you do is bounce of rocks and boulders the whole time. And the trails are cut so wide for the trucks to fit through theres just no challenge. When theres so many better places to go I don't think we'll head back out there. The scariest thing I think out there though is that NO ONE wears a helmet! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] There were people riding around double even triple. There was one real bright family out there with two on the back and their son on the FRONT RACK!..........at least he had a helmet on(he was the only one out of the three)..... And it wasn't very fun to buzz down a trail and have a large metal road block on wheels(also known as a TRUCK!) right in your way.....

Anyway, whats everyone up to? When are we all going riding again? Huge, Big D.....Where ya at? I think we might "try" to go riding this weekend. Depends on how many items are on the "honey-do" list this weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just let me know if you guys are still out there kickin'? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Trailblazer

Bryan,
I am still around dude. I could have told you that uwharrie sucks. Last time I went I was praying to find the parking lot so I could go. I found a place down here in Charlotte. I am supposed to meet with this guy next weekend to ride. He says its over 50 miles of trails and you can hop off your quad and jump into the lake to cool off. Of course if I work it out I want you all to go with me so I will let you know. If you want to ride this weekend maybe we can do a quick trip to my place. I think Scott will have the pool open by this weekend.

Quick Reply: New to Charlotte, NC