Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in Iowa?!?!? Any please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in Iowa?!?!? Any please help

I am thinking bout taking a job transfer to Iowa. SInce I screwed up and moved to Cali. I am taking good trails into account. Does anyone either live in Iowa and know of any good riding. I am going to be working in Des Moines. The riding must be better then here in Cali. I was in NM and the riding kicked ***, however, it was not structred like in cali. I must say I have never seen a street sign in the woods that you actually read and was not just the face of a jump!! In NM there were tons of places you COULD ride that were not parks and the cops were totally kewl with it. Could my dreams be found in Iowa????

ca

Old 03-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

What kind of riding do you like? What machine do you ride? There are a couple decent parks, (one awesome one) and a few places along rivers to ride where people have land. I ride a KFX400 and like fast and technical trails and hill climbs. I think Iowa definately has better riding overall than Cali, but the dunes seem pretty cool. If you move here, Id be glad to show you a place or two. What business are you in?

Old 03-25-2004, 01:42 AM
Trailblazer

Next summer, Fort Dodge will have a HUGH park open up!! 1,500 arces, which is about 900 to 1,200 acres bigger then any other park we got now!! Good thing for you is its about a hour from Des Moines. Iowa allows riding of ditches, so if you find a group of guys you can put together a poker run they are great fun!!

I ride the river and the ditches here in NorthWest Iowa, got about 30 some miles of trails int he ditches up here. Been a couple poker runs this year already!!

Old 03-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds good to me. If I am elected to go to Iowa, it will be mid to late April. I will let you know. I am going to be opening a new theater there for Century Theaters. All I know is it is in ZDes Moines, I have no idea where. I think it is in a mall. That is about all the info I know.
I think you just made my choice, I WANNA GO.

ca

Old 03-27-2004, 01:24 AM
Trailblazer

I missed a couple of ??'ss from ya. I like any riding. I have not been able to open him up in a while so some nice strights say over 1/2 mile would be nice, but I love tight technical stuff. You know the kind that makes ya tiered as helll. I hate whoops, however, have never found any where that did not have them so I just deal.. Click on my camera on left to see my ride and what is done