Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any riders out there from the southcoast of Massachusetts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any riders out there from the southcoast of Massachusetts?

I'm interested in hearing from any riders from the southcoast of Mass. who might be interested in forming a network of riders for weekend rides.The more people we can connect with,the more areas we can ride at.I have been reading about alot of riders heading up to New Hampshire,my feeling on that is if too many people start riding in a certain area,it will become a problem.
any input is welcome...
Cleve

Old 03-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

We have a Summer place in South Dennis so we're on the Cape almost every weekend during the Summer. It would be great to ride with you and some other people.

Old 04-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Check out the Freetown State Forest web site and you will find there are some local trails. It is a lot closer to your area than NH.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Range Rover

Ranger,are you or were you from this area? Freetown State Forest is only open to 2 wheel ORV,Myle Standish State forest was open to ORV at one time and I hear that they might be considering opening it back up again...I kind of doubt that will happen because of all the new construction (homes) going on up the borders of the state park.
Cleve

Old 08-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Trailblazer

hi I just recently bought a house in PLymouth MA, and i would be interested in forming a riding group for the southshore. I think there are alot of trails in plymouth and the cape, but Im going to look more into it and get back to you.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Range Rover

Sorry Peter, there are no legal areas to ride atv's in Plymouth or on the Cape.I ride in the state forest of western MA., those areas are getting beat up by over-use.I joined 2 clubs in New Hampshire,one of these clubs has a trail system of over 100 miles of trails but this is a 4 hour drive to get there.My thought on forming a club is to have a network of people with atv's and vehicles to haul atv's to where there are plenty of legal trails...just like having a snowmobile in the winter but only atv's.I have a trail behind my house but it less than a mile from start to finish,alot of riders are getting disappointed in this state for not providing more areas to ride in....they just close areas.
Registration in New Hampshire for out of state atv's in $73.I registered last year and rode in Pisgah State Park near Keene,New Hampshire and the Hopkington resevoir,it was worth every $ I spent.The way I figure it....if I ride in New Hampshire just 3 times,it is money well spent.
Cleve

Old 08-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

Hey. I live in Kingston MA and I ride about 3 or 4 times a week for the past 6 years so i know the area very well. The only thing is everywhere to ride around here is illegal. I dont know if you have ever ridden in Myles Standish State forest but it is amazing. There are so many gas lines and trails to ride that you can ride all day and get lost. Then once you get on the high T's you can ride forever it seems like they never end. One directin brings you all the way to rt. 44 in Plympton where there are many pitts and tracks. But there is a lot of environmental police around there. If you go in another direction it brings you miles down the line and you will eventually end up around the Cape Cod bridge. There are also many powerlines that lead off of these that will bring you through carver and other towns where there are many sandpitts all around. There is so much land to ride and usually when you are riding the High T's cops wont give you much trouble and if u do see them all u have to do is turn around and go a different way. The other good thing about riding around here is that pretty much all the good spots to ride are somehow connected by high T's or trails. Camelot park is connected to myles standish and so on. In my years of riding plymouth and towns around it i have discovered many places to ride and still find more everytime i go riding.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

yamaharider200, I live on the southshore and would like to go out riding with you sometime. I have been looking for more spots to ride but I am new to the area. I am registered and would like to know if you could show me some spots to ride. Please email me at BIGGIE3388@yahoo.com
Thank you

Old 09-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

sure Ill go rideing with you sometime, only thing is I too am new to the area and im still trying to find some spots. I think I found some good ones but cant find any parking. Ill keep looking and keep you posted.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer

hi, I was woundering if there was any parking to unload and load my atv from the riding areas your talking about. I live in Plymouth and cant find any places to park my truck. Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: Any riders out there from the southcoast of Massachusetts?