Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

St Joe State Park April 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St Joe State Park April 3rd

The Yeti's are planning on being there on Saturday. Is anybody bringing a barge so we can get from the parking lot to the riding area? With all this rain this week we man need one!

Old 03-30-2004, 03:56 AM
Pro Rider

I hear you Pat. If you ever thought about sticking a outboard motor on the Artic Cat...now might be the time?

JMiller

Old 03-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

I am always going to St. Joe... The guys on here always go for Sat rides. We only go on Sundays. One of these times we need to go on a Sat so we can meet up with a few of you guys from here.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I'm already starting to load the trailer. I should get there about 10ish Sat.

I don't mind the sand being a little wet, it makes my bikes hookup better. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Daren, did you invite the drag banshee's to come up and play? I know they would like it at St Joes as smooth as it is. LOL

I been trying to stir up some of the local guys into coming.

Old 03-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Jeff,

There were only 2 "custom drag" Banshees at Blodgett. One of those guys, the one that I have no use for (which is another story), won't ride at St. Joe anymore. Between his crash from hitting whoops and getting beat, he only comes out occasionally to watch but leaves the bike at home. The other one has been to St. Joe once that I know of and I don't suspect they'll be coming out either. I didn't exactly give them an invitation because they don't seem to be very talkative. And of course they are only setup for 300ft and I don't know how they would fare racing 500 feet.

Old 03-30-2004, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

Those guys sound pretty serious. It's pretty bad when you can't have any fun with your hobbies. I for one don't mind visiting The Bomb's Sand Blasting Company. If you've never been there, he's got five locations and they're all located directly behind any of his DS's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

The one is a homemade rail with Banshee plastic. 14 feet long from nose to the end of the wheelie bar. I am pretty sure that I'll beat him. At Blodgett I beat him more races than he beat me, but track conditions kept us all from having consistent runs.

The other is a drag framed (225 lbs) machine that is strong. He blows me away off the line. On top, I believe I have the edge, but in 300 ft I don't have much chance.

Both are alcohol burning, Banshee powered, over-ridden transmission drag machines. I believe that we might start seeing more and more of these at St. Joe.

Daren

Old 03-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I made the mistake of getting next to Rick when he was running the 2 stroke in wet sand and I may still have sand in my Carhartts.

Old 03-30-2004, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sandragggen
I hear you Pat. If you ever thought about sticking a outboard motor on the Artic Cat...now might be the time?

JMiller
Yeah, I've got a 73 model 25HP Johnson with about 30 hours on it...it might mount up. Course I could just bring a jon boat...we've got 3 of them!

By the way. We're going to Waynoka on April 29th and have rented a bunkhouse in town. Anybody else going?

Old 03-31-2004, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

hey daren....
so how was the track althought ...... is it better than big river..
i talked to a couple of other guys and they said it was just ok...
they said it was to soft

what kinda times were you turning...

Quick Reply: St Joe State Park April 3rd