Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Pa Legal State Parks to ride atvs

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2000, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure how many miles we put on in a weekend but it's alot! The map designates "mile markers" similar to highway use but with special numbers on em. The pit is on the map. Also, if you spend some time fooling around on subordinate trails, you'll find hidden treasure's of trails, hillclimbs, creeks, etc. ALL of the land is ridable. The scenery is awsome if you're not used to the big mountains. The state forest is mostly reclaimed strip mine areas with tons of hardpacked hillclimbs if you love that type of riding! Or it can be an easy ride for the family too. I takes us four hours to get there and it's worth the drive. We camp up in the upper lot at the top of the road. Anyone is welcome to join us!

Old 07-30-2000, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer

We are talking about the same trails aren't we?The trails that we rode were about 7 miles east of Coudersport. This is where we got our map from and i looked over it ten times looking for the "Pit". http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/atv/atvindex.htm

Old 07-30-2000, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

I feel like an idiot. I have had the Sproul and Susquehannock state forests mixed up this whole fricken time.

Old 07-30-2000, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Sooooooo, did you read the wrong map or ride the wrong forest? Sproul is a mile west of Renovo on rt 120.

Old 07-31-2000, 08:42 AM
Range Rover

I have been to Potter quite a few times and it is awesome trail riding, some of the trails are like roads they are so wide and flat. Beautiful scenery abounds there, no technical or difficult stuff just easy kick back riding. It has a 42 mile loop with some cut backs so probably close to 60 miles of trails. And will somebody please tell me where all these nice trails are in Sproul, I've been there and all I found was a big rock garden and one or two open dirt trails. Also the trails weren't marked too well and it's easy to get lost even with a map. Seriously I'd like to try it again but I am very hesitant about returning, if somebody maybe has a better map than the state gives out I would appreciate it. I did find some of the pits and these are great fun to play in.

Old 07-31-2000, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

The secret to Sproul is to come over the Labor Day weekend and we'll give you a guided tour...FREE! It does get confusing there...no night rides for me! I've yet to make a thread for the weekend ride, bet we already have nine machines coming...mostly 400ex's and some utility's.

Old 07-31-2000, 01:01 PM
Range Rover

Well I was in the right area because I rtemember being in that pit from the pics on your page, cool page by the way. I might just take you up on the guided tour also.

Old 07-31-2000, 01:04 PM
Range Rover

Well I was in the right area because I remember being in that pit from the pics on your page, cool page by the way. I might just take you up on the guided tour also.

Old 08-01-2000, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer

I had the wrong trails.

Old 08-01-2000, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

I've been to Susquehannock, Sproul, Michaux, Bedford, and all of the ANF trails. Susquehannock is the smoothest, Sproul is the most confusing (despite it being one of the best marked), Michaux has a good varitety of skill levels and Bedford is barely marked (you have to have a map, compass and a GPS to find your way around). The ANF trails are as follows: The Timberline trail has plenty of miles and lots of scenery, but is not particularlly hard. The Marienville ATV trail is fairly easy except for the one nasty hill. The Marienville Bike Trail is a challenge, but not impassable for 2x4s. Rocky Gap's southern half is fairly easy, but the northern half is challenging (you'd better have good skidplates). Willow Creek is slightly bumpy, but is unremarkable as far as terrain and scenery go.

I'm just wondering where all of the "new trails" are. If all of you Pa. riders remember last year, we were supposed to get about 100 miles of new trail each year. Well, where are they?

Quick Reply: Pa Legal State Parks to ride atvs