Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Pa Legal State Parks to ride atvs

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2000, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at this link for a link to state parks u can ride legaly. All you need is a valid registration is is $20 but it lasts 2 years . I posted this for the guys who may not know about the free parks to ride

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/atv/atvindex.htm

Old 07-19-2000, 06:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS!! The more places to ride the better!!

Old 07-21-2000, 01:09 AM
Trailblazer

Which of these parks have u ridden? I recently rode the Sproul State forest system.

Old 07-21-2000, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

Really! How did you like Sproul.what is it like. Also about how gar do u think it is from pottor county. We are heading up the last weekend in July and will be ridin at sproul on Sat July 29. This is the state park in Clinton County right?. We will also be ridin in Lymn run state Park on Sun the 30th in Potter County. We have only ridden in Pottor county and we will be trying out sproul state park next weekend.
We also have a trip back up to God's Country (potter Co) the 3 weekend in sept 2000

Old 07-21-2000, 02:20 PM
Range Rover

Hey I would love to here a review of the Potter county area. I live in Western NY about 2 hrs away, and have been thinking about going over there. Where are you staying, Trails, and pics would be cool.
Thanks Drew

Old 07-21-2000, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

One of my friends has a hunting cabin in Potter county. He also snowmobiles in Potter. Check the link above for a trail map of potter. Also if you look at my link you will see some photos from last year and the year before in potter. Look for the photos with the deer in them. I really don't have the photos listed as Potter. I will try to change them soon.

Old 07-22-2000, 02:09 PM
Trailblazer

Sproul was a great trail/road. I'm saying this because about half of it was just dirt roads, lots of great scenery though. The other half got a little more technical with some mud and actual trails. All in all it was a great trail for any skill level.

Old 07-30-2000, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Evidently, you need to go back and explore it some more! Sproul has a vast mountain full of trails and hair raising hillclimbs galore! The key to this place is a map. It can get fairly confusing on the first trip without one. We are planning a trip up there on labor day weekend for four days. Chances are, we won't hit all the trails either! Did you hit "the pit" or a place called "the wall"? Sproul pics below!

Old 07-30-2000, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

Cool pics EXtreme !
Makes me real jealous the riding areas in Missouri arent quite as extensive. How far do you have to travel to get to these areas ?

Have a good weekend !

Triston

Old 07-30-2000, 02:33 PM
Trailblazer

We mainly stayed on the designated trail areas. We had a map but it didn't show any of the places that were in your pictures. We are going to try to make it to the state trail system in Renovo, PA, before winter sets in. By the way how many miles did you go in Sproul. We ended up with 42.3 miles all in all. We own a camp in Sinnamahoning, PA, which is about an hour from Sproul.

Quick Reply: Pa Legal State Parks to ride atvs