Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Pa Legal State Parks to ride atvs

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2000, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well we just got back from Potter County this past weekend. We went friday-monday. There were six guys ridin 3 banshees,1 quadzilla,1 Polaris 400, and a 400ex. The damages were: 5 Flat tires, 1 bent a arm (banshee), and one hole in the water pump hose from a rock (LT500). I cant forget about the numerous welts on the chests from rocks. Time to buy a chest protector. The DNCR stopped us the second day of riding just to see if we were registered. We should have the photos on the site by the end of the week so stop and take a look.
The guys that go to Clinton County how are the trails. I want to know if we can ride the LT500 and banshees up there or should we bring the 250x's. We are going back up the 3rd week in Sept. and will probably try sroul trail system in Clinton County.

Old 08-01-2000, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OOOOweeeeee, now that's the kinda people I like to ride with! Sounds like you guys had a blast. You can bet your booty that those machines will fit right in at Sproul. Make some plans for the holiday weekend and come with us! Got a nice handfull of "sport quads" coming already. Well?????

Old 08-02-2000, 01:32 PM
Trailblazer

If you guys can tell me where to get a map of Sproul and tell me when and where to meet, I just might have to meet you there Labor Day weekend. What is the better bike to bring? 400ex or my R?

Old 08-03-2000, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

thats a good question.... depends on what hooks up better for you on the climbs. There are some ballbusters there if you got a hairy pair! Otherwise, there is alot of trail, both wooded and open...alot of exploring kind of riding. In past experiences, the ex's with razr's and stockers were hooking waaaaay better than some banshees with bandits...maybe cause they're a hard compound? Either way, it's a blast!

Directions are easiest to describe from Lock Haven...traveling west on 120 thru Renovo.....west outta town a mile or so to the state park orv sign (wooden).... turn right and follow to the TOP parking/camping area.

check out the sproul page below....

ps. there will be at least 5 ex's (one yellow)there and a ds too!...possibly an R.

Old 08-03-2000, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

EXtreme,

I'll vouch for the fact that there is at least one place that has a particularly nasty hill climb. I got to the bottom of one of the "bowls" and found I didn't like the way I came down. Well, I picked a longer way up and actually had to leave the throttle on the whole way up the hill. My usual method is to get the momentum going and to coast the last half to 3/4ths of the way up to avoid entering low earth orbit when I reach the top. But not on this one, the tires churned the whole way up. With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, I really should have taken the way I came down. Have Fun!

Old 08-04-2000, 09:23 AM
Range Rover

Howdy,
We are going to be at Marienville this Sat, and would like to meet anyone from the forum, that might be up there. Is anyone going, its supposed to really nice weather.
Look for us I will be on a 500 Scrambler (big lights on the front), Trailblazer for the wife, and a 400EX and Trailboss for our friends.
See Ya There Drew