Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Missouri Riders St Joe vs Fingerlakes???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missouri Riders St Joe vs Fingerlakes???

Hey I was just wondering what is the better place to ride ive been to finger lakes alot but never been to st joe. I only live 30 min from fingerlakes and wondering if its worth the drive to go to st joe or should i just stick with fingerlakes?

Im riding a 2004 660R Raptor and mostly like trail riding with steep hills and also like jumping.

Bass

Old 04-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer

I was just at Finger Lakes State Park (for the first time) this past Saturday...

That place rocks.

I am about 30-40 minutes from St Joe State Park...but have never been there. I am told that St Joe is about 1/4 the size of Finger Lakes - and St Jos is MUCH busier. From the sounds of it Finger Lakes is the place to go.

I loved it...looking for some friends to go back with this weekend.

Old 04-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah finger lakes is awesome! been going there for years! Its huge! Was it muddy when you went it can get pretty muddy!! Anyone been to both???

Old 04-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

this weekend there were some pretty muddy areas...

It was overcast & raining off/on all day...it made for some pretty good riding.

I ride a Honda Rancher 350es...and it did very well in the conditions. There were 6 of us riding together, 3 on 'utility' quads - and 3 on 'sport' quads...we spent a good deal of time pulling the 'sport' guys out of the mud. There were a few spots that we avoided...because we knew we'd never get through...but it was BooKoo fun.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer

I've never been to finger lakes but St. Joe's is awsome if you like sand. It can be pretty busy but there's plenty of room play. They have some pretty good trails up in the hills all around the joint too. There's also plenty of people to drag race if your into that.

Old 04-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well ive heard st joes is cool and i dont doubt that at all i was just wondering if there is anyone out there that has been to both st joe and fingerlakes to compare the 2 of them and tell me if its worth the drive to st joes or if fingerlakes is just as good! thanx!!

Bass

Old 04-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

I've been to both. I liked St. Joe's better as Fingers Lake was real muddy when we went. I am sure that Fingers Lake would be just as fun as St. Joe if it wasn't so muddy, and will go again soon.

Since you have a sport quad, you may like St. Joe. It has sand flats, and also trails. I'm about 1.5 hours from both, and if I had my choice, it would be St. Joe.

Rob

Old 04-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Where are they both located at?

I'm from Oklahoma....we have a club in NW Arkansas....

Dawn

Old 04-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanx rcrob Yeah fingerlakes is pretty muddy but if its not to bad that can be alot of fun!! Well i think from what ive heard im gonna have to make the voyage to st joes! Fingerlakes is right outside columbia missouri and im not sure exactly what town st joes is in but im sure you can find it look up st joes state park thanx again if anyone else has any more input on this subject would love to hear it!! thanx again!

Bass

Old 04-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

the easiest is to take Hwy 63 south until you get to Vichy, then take hwy 68 to St. James (located on I-44)...hwy 68 turns into hwy 8 in st. james. just follow it all the way down to Park Hills, turn right onto hwy 32 and the entrance is on your left on hwy 32. You'll have to either buy a flag there or bring your own. i think it was $11....I think you'll enjoy the sand flats. alot of drag racing going on when i went.

enjoy,
Rob

Quick Reply: Missouri Riders St Joe vs Fingerlakes???