Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

Originally posted by: TractorPacker
Originally posted by: 2fun
Originally posted by: SandyBear
New Nick, Same Bear!

Hope to see some of you this next weekend!

And at the ATV rally at the Capitol tomorrow. Camera and story book in hand.

Sandy Bear
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
For some reason, with that name, I thought it was your wife!! LMAO!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thats not nice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We will be invading Sandlake this weekend. You better watch out.
Aww come on now .... driving ALL that way just to go to Sand Lake!!???
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I think if I was coming that far, I'd want to get in some serious riding!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Hey

I am looking for a few good riders to hit the dunes with me soon. I have never done any dune riding but I am itching to try it out..I had a small taste here a few weeks back but it was a tiny little kids riding area pretty much. Hit me up if anyones looking to ride or msg me with the good area's and any advice you might have..

Kat

Old 02-16-2007, 04:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MotoQuadChick
Hey

I am looking for a few good riders to hit the dunes with me soon. I have never done any dune riding but I am itching to try it out..I had a small taste here a few weeks back but it was a tiny little kids riding area pretty much. Hit me up if anyones looking to ride or msg me with the good area's and any advice you might have..

Kat
Sand Lake:
Good for a day trip or so. Not too much technical riding unless you really look for it.
You CAN ride on the beach there.
Pretty small compared to the other Oregon dunes
Usually pretty crowded since it is so small and is the closest set of dunes to the Portland metro area.

Florence:
A large dune area with lots of varied terrain from trails to open duning to hill shoots/treeshots and beach riding too!
Not as crowded due to the vast area of dunes.
One of my favorites.

Winchester Bay:
Not as big as Florence, but still way bigger than Sand Lake.
Lots of open duning, and also a lot of technical hill climbs and steep dunes. Many tall dunes found here, along with the imfamous "Banshee hill".
It is about 1/2 hour south of Florence.
You CANNOT ride the beach here.

Coos Bay:
More area than Winchester with lots of open duning and trails. A few tree shots mixed in.
This is a bit farther south than Florence and Winchester, so I don't frequent it as often as the other two.
It is about 1/2 hour South of Winchester Bay, and 1 hour South of Florence.
You CAN ride the beach here.

Hope this helps!!

Also, there are always trips being planned for differen't weekends and weeks especially during the summer months!

You came to the right place to hook up with people for dune rides!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2007, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MotoQuadChick
Hey

Kat
Keep us all (Portland Group) in mind as the summer riding season is almost here. We will be planning a few trips to the dunes and always welcome fellow riders to join in! Hey, thats what it is all about! I wont be back to the dunes until april, but will be there for sure!

Bear

Old 03-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Range Rover

Anybody gonna be at Windy bay for Easter. We will have a group of about 20. just look for the SLD flags

Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Thinking of making a trip to the dunes either sat or sunday with my 10 year old daughter. Just the two of us, so likely going to be a Sand Lake Trip. Hope you all have a great Easter Weekend!

Sandy Bear!

Old 04-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

A whole group of us PSAR peeps will be at Florence (Honeyman) this weekend until Wed. Then a day ride at Winchester and on to Coos Bay (horsfall) until the 15th

Old 04-05-2007, 02:21 AM
Trailblazer

I'm getting ready to take my first trip to Florence with my family. I was wondering if you could give a little advice about were to go / park. Also are there any specific places at Florence that are better for kids? One last question, any recommendation on hotels?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 08-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

OK. It has been way too long since I logged onto this strand. Anyone still there?

AKA.DSX Bear.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

Still here bear....

Just got back from a three day weekend at Horsefall (CoosBay).

Weather was great, and the sand was awesome too![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.