Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

charlotte and salisbury riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 08:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charlotte and salisbury riders

Haven't heard from you guys in a while whats up? Lets ride this memorial day weekend.

Bought a pontoon boat this week, its a party barge dude. This baby is huge it will hold 22 adults. It will haul four atvs and the riders too. I am scoping out some jet skis too.

Anyway lets ride, where yall been man? Angel how was uwarrie?

Old 05-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider

Whats up BigD? I left a message on Brian's cell last night. We're going to try to do a ride on Sunday(5/29) up at Brown Mtn. Tangela's cousins are coming down from Va., and are supposedly bringing some of their friends along. They wont get here till saturday morning sometime, so We were trying to schedule the ride on Sunday to simplify things a bit. If all works out according to plan we should have about nine of us going if you guys are in. Ya interested? How about you Brian? Anyway let me know as the week goes on.

Old 05-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Trailblazer

Bryan,
I am in this Sunday, just let me know when and where. It will be crowded you can bet on that. I seen your wilmington posts..cool.

Old 05-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good BigD. I'll give ya a buzz once we know for certain which place we're going. But we are definately going SOMEWHERE this weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I should hopefully know by tomarrow or friday.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Range Rover

Hey Bryan, me and a bud are looking to take a little road trip next Saturday and ride on Sunday(June 5-6) wanted to know if you might be interest or if you could tell us some good places in the Charlotte or Salisbury area. Saw on one tread where you guys were talking about a really cool place in Salisbury. I am some what familar with Salisbury because I played Lacrosse in college and we played Catawba. But drop me a line here, or give me a call 9106126762. I would love to get together with you guys, but we arent really looking to drive over 4 hrs that weekend because we both have to work on Saturday, we will drive that night and get a hotel and get going early that morning. look forward to hearing from you .
Thanks Guys
Trey

Old 05-27-2004, 08:00 AM
Trailblazer

Trey,
I looked on map quest, you are only about three hours from oxford NC. That is where Flyn took us to one of the coolest places I have ever rode. You should go there when we go next. Heh Bryan where is Huge? Have you heard from him. What are the chances we could go to oxford instead of brown mountain this sunday?

Old 05-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigdurt
Trey,
I looked on map quest, you are only about three hours from oxford NC. That is where Flyn took us to one of the coolest places I have ever rode. You should go there when we go next. Heh Bryan where is Huge? Have you heard from him. What are the chances we could go to oxford instead of brown mountain this sunday?
Hey BigD, I talked to Huge tuesday night. He's got tickets to the Nascar race on Sunday, so this weekends ride is a no-go for him.

I would LOVE to go to Oxford, the only problem is that they closed it down the day after we went last time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] On that sunday a fella went off that real steep ledge on the other side of the rocks you went over, but he went much faster, and never realized it was a straight drop off. Long story short, they had to med-flight him outta there, and they shut the place down again....... Unfortuanately Tungsten is out of order...... It really a shame too, it was my favorite place to ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Anyway the ride is on for Sunday, and its set now that we're going to Brown Mtn. It will be 9 of us(including you BigD), and We're gonna check outta here early Sunday morning to try and beat the rush. Give me a call so that we can setup a place to meet if your still wanting to go. I left ya a message on your phone last night with my number incase you misplaced it.

Old 05-27-2004, 08:26 AM
Trailblazer

Dude,
That sucks, also you must be calling my old number. my new one is 7043632449. Call me....

I can't believe some idiot screwed this up for us all. How long will it be shut down?

Old 05-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigdurt
Dude,
That sucks, also you must be calling my old number. my new one is 7043632449. Call me....

I can't believe some idiot screwed this up for us all. How long will it be shut down?
Will do.

Its uncertain how long it will be shut down......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I was pretty upset too. It always seems that one person ruins it for everyone. Although I do have to say that I'm glad the fella came out of it ok. At one time they weren't sure if he would make it, and thought for sure he would be paralized.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I thank God hes ok, but I'm still bummed he got the place shut down for everyone else.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

I would like to go to that place in Oxford, if it is as good as you guys say it is but it sounds like that wont be happening unless it opens back up by next weekend, let me know if there is any way to find out when it will be open, I would also love some more ideas on where to ride, I am going some where, and I would like to know if where I am going is cool before I get there, completely open to suggestions, so let me know, and if of you guys are going riding that weekend I'd enjoy find some new riders, not tooo many sport quad riders around here
thanks
trey

Quick Reply: charlotte and salisbury riders