Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ANYONE NO ANY KOOL SPOTS IN WISCONSIN

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYONE NO ANY KOOL SPOTS IN WISCONSIN

does anyone know any kool spots to ride in wisconsin. right now i usually ride on the trails in the rapids and i will go to Dyracuse but i wanna find a awesome place to ride

2003 Lt-Z400
AC racing front bumper
AC nerf bars
WMP handle bars
Bills Thunder full pipe
Dyna Jet Kit

Old 05-31-2004, 01:59 AM
Trailblazer

Do Black River falls. Stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Black river. Ride from there up to Clark County (which is now connected via a Road Rout). You can also go south to Milston, which is about a 60 mile total round trip from Black River. Stop at the 400 club in Milston for a great burger and drink.

Going towards Clark county and Lake Arbutus is a lot of fun. I haven't gone deep into Clark county yet, but you can go all the way to Neilsville.....and then beyond. It's only 50 minutes to Black river from Rapids, so go for it and have a great time, regardless of which way you go on the trail.

Kaz

Old 06-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Trailblazer

Here's a short list of places I've rode and would recomend.

*Park Falls Area
Great trails, nice places to stay
http://www.pricecountywi.net/atv.html

*Clark County
Haven't been there in a couple of years, but where nice then.
http://www.clark-cty-wi.org/ATV.html

*Hurley Area
Good trails, Lots of nice places to stop.
http://www.hurleywi.com/what_to_do/pg-spring_atv.asp

*Iron River
Great trails. Lots of woods riding.

Here's a place to go that lists all the counties that have trails and contacts for info
http://www.teamwinnebagoland.com/ima...untyMAPATV.htm

Hope this helps

Enjoy
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

Currently the Jackson and Clark county trails are CLOSED until further notice due to excessive rain and resulting trail damage. Clark County is a smoother ride than BRF.

Old 06-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second Iron River, this year will make the 4th year my son and I have gone camping there, hundreds of miles of trails, great scenery, the Open 26- a big sand hill area to play in, and you can access the trail from the hotels in town, or camp just outside of town down highway 2, we always go to Tri Lake Timbers, great camping,3 lakes to fish or swim in, and direct trail access from your campsite,plus you can still ride your quad to town on the trail by the highway to eat or run to the store for supplies. There is one huge loop that goes all the way around the Chequemogon ( horrible spelling,forgive me !!!) that goes by the Pub'n Grub, you can stop to eat and get gas, and there are hundreds of little forest roads that go off the main trails, you can ride all day without crossing the same place twice, but get a map, getting lost is pretty easy, but most of the trails will lead you back to a main trail head, and all intersections are marked and numbered. To sum it up, very nice trails, a lot of variety, and lots of places to stay and access the trail.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Range Rover

95, any more info on that play area? Is it open to the public?

Is it open to just 3-4wheelers?

Have heard about it but never been to it. We are planning a trip to Hurley soon and that might be worth a trailer out to that park.

Tks

Old 06-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

The Open 26 is a side area just off the main trail, if you get a map of the area, you will see it to the east of Iron River,on the south east side of the Vallhalla trail loop. Not being a resident of Wisconsin, I can't say for sure,but I would think it is only for ATV and dirtbike use. There are a lot of trails running through there that are also for ORVs, I have run into jeeps and trucks, and some of the forest roads are even used by local car traffic. The 26 is a fun play area for kids as well, lots of sand, mini trails and tracks carved into the hills, and some really steep climbs for the big boys. I've never been to Hurley, but always wanted to try it out sometime.

Old 06-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

This is from http://www.watva.org/atvnews.htm
Open 26 is closed!!!

Subject: News Release - New ATV Policy on the Chequamegon-Nicolet NF

========================================

04-07 For Immediate Release

Contact: Holly Kulinski, Public Affairs Officer (715)-362-1354

New ATV Policy on the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest

Park Falls and Rhinelander, Wis. - May 18, 2004. As the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest implements the revised Forest Plan, ATV users will find some changes. As of June 14, 2004, all off-trail/off-road ATV use will be prohibited on the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest and the "Open-26" ATV play area on the Washburn Ranger District will be closed. This new direction is part of a new ATV policy as established in the recently revised Forest Plan.

According to Forest Supervisor, Anne Archie, "The policy changes will provide great opportunities for ATV enthusiasts, balance the diverse interests of Forest users, and avoid resource degradation. While off-road/off-trail and the Open 26 play areas will be off limits, the Chequamegon side of the Forest still offers 284 miles of excellent trail systems for those who enjoy ATV riding."

Previously, the Forest had two different ATV policies that caused confusion for recreationists. In the past, the Chequamegon side was mostly open to ATV use but the Nicolet side was closed. The revised Forest Plan outlines one consistent policy for the entire National Forest. This new policy allows ATVs only on designated routes and trails.

The Chequamegon side of the Forest will continue to allow use on designated trails. Roads that were open in the past will remain open until the Forest completes a process to locate and sign all future open roads. This process is xpected to take one to two years. Then, only those roads that have open signs on them will be available for ATV use.

The Nicolet side of the Forest does not have any immediate ATV opportunities. ATVs will be allowed once site-specific trail and route planning and construction are completed. The revised Forest Plan allows for up to185 miles of additional trails for the entire National Forest.

"Our goal is to work with the public, ATV clubs and local governments to focus the new construction where it is most beneficial to existing trail systems, ATV riders, and local communities. It's important that we work together with interested parties during the planning and construction phases," Archie said.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Vmax,
that is some real bad news, the Open 26 was a great play area, my son first rode that area on an LT80, revving the snot out of it climbing the sand piles, and from there, came back on a Recon, and then a 300ex, I will be sad to see it closed, I realize erosion was bad in that area, the steep hill climbs paths often were so deep, you were surrounded by dirt and sand 5- 6 ft. high on each side. Perhaps the erosion has gotten so bad, the hill area was becoming unsafe, but still a shame about that, my son will be real dissapointed. Thanks for the update, I hope the rest of the trails are still open, I would hate to drive that far and find a lot closed off. But like you said, there are still literally hundreds of miles of main and side trails to explore, we are heading up there this Wednesday for a 4 day ride, guess we'll find out what's left. I'll post a report on trails, what is open, and the condition of the area when we get back Saturday or Sunday.

Old 06-15-2004, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

That SUX, was going to make a point of Riding Open 26 this year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Heres a list of All WIS Trails

I was Thinking of hitting Dyracuse in the nex 2 weeks or so [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]