Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where did you ride on Memorial Day Weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did you ride on Memorial Day Weekend?

I spent a couple of hours monday at Snake Creek in Minnesota.

Old 06-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer

Went riding at Smith Creek area by Cold Springs, NV (about 75 miles east of Fallon) Saurday then Moday I went to Desert Queen Mile area North of Fallon (about 25 miles North on Hwy 95)
Pictures

Old 06-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Range Rover

florence and coos bay in oregon sand dunes!! had a blast, saw a three carb banshee, it was freakin crazy looken,

Old 06-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

A group of us trailered in to the Buena Vista Valley, south of Lovelock, Nevada, camping at the abandoned Buena Vista mine site. From there 8 of us, rode quads and bikes to the Ocala Indian cave site, Lovelock indian cave, Dago Pass to the Dixie Valley, Nevada quicksilver mine site to the Lower Rochester abandoned ghost town and mine sites, Steam shovel trail to the Dixie valley, then north to another valley back up the hill up the "Waterfall rock" to Bolivia.

It was awesome, saw dead cows, wild horse herds, dry lake beds, Awesome vistas, other way cool stuff. Burned propane bottles, burned down a trailer with the help of 10 gallons of propane and 5 gallons of gas (that was cool).

Thank god for the GPS, riding out across the dry lake bed to the bombing range and junk yard, the wind had whipped up dust and clouds and you could not see two miles, and the leader starting making a giant turn, the wrong way, when my GPS showed the correct way to the "Corner" we were to meet at. GPS shoed where mine sites were, where major trails were, don't leave home without it...

We spent four days there, by Monday the desert had dried us out enough to want to go home.....

68 miles the 1st day, 78 miles the 2nd day, 110 miles the 3rd day, another 120 miles the 4th day,not counting numerous short trips around the camp vacinity and out to the sand dunes bordering the dry lake bed.....I sure am glad I brought some spare gas in those flat gas paks....it saved everybodies butts....

Can't wait to go back ther in October....It will be waaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooo hot to go out there until then.....

Old 06-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Dumont, CA a bit hot and it is seriously the last trip till fall. I miss Pismo and I think its time for a trip out there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by 400 Catdriver
Wow....are you sure you'll have enough money left to ride after paying all those taxes??? LOL....
I went and paid the tax man last night - $500 and my first born later, I'm ready to ride / camp / drive to work... Gees...can you say "will work for food"?

400 Catdriver, I see that the tax man has fun with all your toys.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:35 PM
TK
Trailblazer

How is the riding and camping at Sutton's Bluff. I keep hearing about it, but I've never made it there. I went to St. Joe on Monday, It started getting crowded around noon. I had my wife and daughter with me.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Went to Lake Murray in OK again. Found a rock 2 inches taller than my chain guard. Broken chain, three teeth off the front sprocket. Got it fixed and kept ridin'. 3 days of capming and riding. No rain (still found enough mud for my Nephew to bury his Scrammy) and plenty of heat. Knew it was going to be hot so I put dry ice in the beer cooler. Froze the beer in a block of ice. Man, it was good and cold at the end of the day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2004, 02:37 PM
TK
Trailblazer

I see your from O'fallon Il. I'm also from O'fallon and about ten of us go to St. Joe every weekend to ride. Did you get your atv from that area.

Old 06-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Whitewater

400 Catdriver, I see that the tax man has fun with all your toys.
Yeah, I just paid a grand to register the new 04 Ram and State Farm absolutely loves me....

My ATV dealer takes me out to dinner once in a while just to bring me up to speed on whats new in his shop!!!!

Quick Reply: Where did you ride on Memorial Day Weekend?