Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

So. Calif. -National Forest Riding

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So. Calif. -National Forest Riding

This is important if you don't want to lose your riding areas! There is a new management plan revision underway, and we need your comments in support of off-road riding. See: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/scfpr/

See my post:
http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...TARTPAGE/1.cfm

Old 06-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really hate the National Forest Service. How can they justify spending Thousands of dollars on those interactive online forms? They don't even have a simple online fire permit form. Everytime I call the Forest Service with a specific question about Open Trails/Gates or to find out what areas have fire restrictions I am always given the wrong answer. The BigBear Discovery Center for example hires retired women to man the phones and desk. These workers do not know what Green Stickers are. They never know if specific campgrounds are open and give false information instead of finding the right answer. I can't say enough Bad things about the incompetence of the National Forest Service Employees. The Rangers are a little better but don't expect them to be any help. My last trip to GoldHill camp in Los Padres National Forest I was told by one ranger that a Rock fire ring was OK as long as I had a Fire Permit. The next ranger made me remove the ring and threatened to fine me. I Just had to vent. I will try to get through that terrible online form when I have time.

Woodo

Old 06-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a couple of rangers up there around Lake Arrowhead that are themselves riders, and are trying to help us out as much as possible. But you are right, the folks who work the offices, don't know anything!

Please submit a comment in favor of continued ATV access. At least ask that no existing routes be closed, even if you don't have any additional routes to recommend.