Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MINNESOTA RIDERS!! Bauer's pit in trouble!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MINNESOTA RIDERS!! Bauer's pit in trouble!!!

klier, you bring up alot of good points in your post...

The safty issues & drugs/alcohol.just to name a few......

To just close DaPit down is just dumb I think.

If the DNR or ANY 1 for that matter, Did it right that place could Be a GOLD mine.

Just wish there was more, we here on the forums could do to keep it open[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Trailblazer

that government theory sounds right, but bad for us.
regulations would be good. starting off with do drugs or alcohol and Helmets would have to be a neccesity. no weapons of any kind, wheather you have a permit or not.
no offence but it would be a lot safer if you seperated the trucks and bikes/atv's. who wants a big truck zooming around when you have little kids just learning to ride? also you make a point about the variety of terrain. its nice to be able to go everywhere. so instead of sectioning it like i said earlier you could have it be like you can truck and truck only there on tues and thurs and sun and bike/atv and only bike/atv there on mon, wed, and fri. and on sat you could do both, truck and atv and bike.
also a maximum capacity would be good, but hard to regulate. you would need a fence or something to keep people out.
could it work if on days that atvers and bikers can ride that atv/bike clubs "police" the area and help clean it up? and on days for trucks that truck clubs "police" the area? and if you couldn't get an atv club or a bike club or a truck club to help then that group could not ride.
BUT if it is closed for ever then this doesn't matter so...

Old 06-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

I'll start by saying that I agree with having the pit regulated. Especially if it means keeping it open. I disagree with separate operating hours for different groups. I haven't seen any "close-calls" in the times I have been there between any trucks or quads/bikes. We need to clean it up and keep those with ill-intent or bad habits out. For what this pit would do to the dealer network in Southern MN, I am almost positive that we could get some sponsorship out of them to help any clubs with the maintenance costs. The sport industry would explode if this pit was guaranteed to stay open.

I will be talking with Roy this weekend while I'm down there and see if we can get some local club officers together with the DNR and Roy for a meeting. A deal needs to be made before it's too late.

Dave

Old 06-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer

dave,
you make a good point about no close calls. i've only been there once and there were only like 5 guys there so i'll take your word for it. and yeah, something (good) needs to be figured out soon.

Old 06-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LEP7MM

it would be interesting to see how they compare before and after the mods. I will be working some overtime this coming weekend, but need to get out to talk to Roy before June 30th.

Which brings up my next subject. I hate to inform everyone, but the commissioner has been out to talk with Roy and the pit WILL BE CLOSED EFFECTIVE JUNE 30TH. I have yet to hear from the MN DNR in regards to keeping the pit open in one way or another. I realize that some may not care for a GIA (Grant-in-Aid) pit, but right now it's our only hope.

I'll be there this weekend. Let's try to get as many people out there as possible for one last HORRAH.

LEP7MM
I wish I could make it. But I got plans to go up to the Iron Range with some buddys. This sucks that the pit is closing....The 400ex might see the door. There is no other places to ride around here. Tri-County atv park is too small and boring. Thanks for doing what you can everyone and especially lep7mn

Old 06-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Trailblazer

where's the iron range?
is it any good?
can you bike and ride atvs?
adam

Old 06-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

psychotic,

don't give up yet. There might be more oppurtunities to come. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

dragonracing15, Not sure were psychotic400ex is going But here is a link Iron Range for yea

I will Be going to the OHV park on the 10th of july, if any 1 wants to tag along let me no,

Other wise Ill Be @ Roys also on saterday

LETS RIDE AND GET HIGH ON ADRENALINE. DRUNK ON SPEED.
NOW that sounds like fun.................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer

nice quote. and thanks for the link

Old 06-25-2004, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Can anyone give exact directions from I-35? I keep looking around, but most of it is kinda sketchy. So I need some good solid directions.

Quick Reply: MINNESOTA RIDERS!! Bauer's pit in trouble!!!