Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Bell Plains forest and Chadsworth NJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2000, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to let the NJ riders know that Port Elizebeth (mays landing sand company( is plowed in with 10 foot hills. Too many people are getting hurt and trying to sue the owner of the land. I just had a Lawyer email me with some questions about Port Elizebeth. He said he is on a case now for a guy who was paralyzed in march 00. they should just legalize this place and make the riders sign their life away so the owners are not held responsible.
Does anyone know if AMA was going to build race tracks in bell plains forest?
Well no more Port Eliz for a while till things cool down. You cant even drive through the woods for a parking spot thye plow all the trail entrances in with dirt.
Any one know of any other places close to philadelphia to ride looking to travel 1-2 hrs away.
A bunch of the guys just went to Chadsworth today. The TC 405ex was there and running strong. There was also a 2000 400ex with white plastics and a one industries grafic kit and seat. It was sweet looking. Check out our Site for updated photos of last weekends trip to Potter County Pa and this Sundays pics of Chadsworth and the white 2000 400ex.

Old 08-07-2000, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

Even a waiver is no immunization from a lawsuit. The courts have held property owners liable for personal injuries/property damage, even though "victims" knowingly and willingly sign waivers.

"'The Law' is what the Judge says Monday morning."

Landowners can only take reasonable precautions; post appropriate signs, require waivers (these documents may deter some from filing lawsuits), put up obstacles (as you say the case is in Port Elizabeth), neutralize obvious safety hazards, and maintain what they hope is adequate liability insurance. Even with these precautions, no immunity from lawsuits and their potentially devestating tremendous judgments is available.

"The few ruin it for the many."

Tree Farmer

Old 08-07-2000, 07:39 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THEXOTIC1:
Well it looks like the trip I planned for down that way will have to be changed. Do you know of anywhere in eastern PA or southern NJ that worth going to? Somewhere that we can ride all day. We are trying to get a bunch of us together on sept 16th if your still interested.
Thanx for the info on Port Eliz though

walter
88 banshee370
95 Dodge Ram 4x4
99 Quadbuddy

Old 08-07-2000, 08:56 AM
Range Rover

The problem is with our societies ever burgeoning belief that everything is somebody elses fault if it's bad, and it was me, it was me if it was good. For goodness sakes stand up and be a man and take responsibility for YOUR actions, these people make me sick. Sorry read it and had to rant, I liked riding in New Jersey myself and hated to lose another riding spot.

Old 08-07-2000, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

B370 you can ride trails and MX tracks in Chadsworth NJ it is $35 for the day and you get a coupon for $10 off the next time you go.
We will be in Potter and Clintion County the 3rd week of sept the same week you plan on coming down this way.

Old 08-11-2000, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

E-mail me for info on 2 spots in South Jersey that are near the Parkway between exits 60 and 80. Crystal lake is one spot where a jet skier drowned in the lake last year and they were busting people and handing out $1000 fines. YES $1000. But i have been going since April and it has cooled down, you just have to know where to park. The other place has miles and miles of trails. Thats beat about Port Elizabeth, i wanted to go there, OH WELL.