Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Info on Honobia Creek and Broken Bow OK. needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on Honobia Creek and Broken Bow OK. needed

John,

I live in central oklahoma and ride alot on the canadian river. it flows less than 1/2 mile from my house and offers everything from woods and trails to soft white sand for volleyball. great riding area.

i spend most of every fall in southeast oklahoma. from the beginning of archery season to Thanksgiving, in the middle of gun season. we're usually there for a few weekends at least. i spend every minute i can down there.

Old 06-28-2004, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

The wife and I rode for 4 days back in early March in the Battiest area. We stayed at a cabin on the Glover River and it was great. Ride right to the trails from the cabin. We never even put a dent in the area available to ride and never saw another ATV on the trails the whole time.

The cabins are less than a year old. Ours was awesome with a hot tub on a covered deck, 2 BBQ grills, satellite TV, canoe, fully equiped kitchen, washer/dryer, linens and towels furnished, 2br, 2 bath. All you need are your clothes and food. They don't even care if you use the hose to wash the mud off the ATVs. We stayed in Deer Run and really liked it. Monte Carlo is bigger and better for a larger group. Safari is OK but didn't care for the decor. Sharon and Lane are great hosts.

Here is the Link to the cabins

Old 06-28-2004, 09:01 AM
Range Rover

SPD522 Did yall stay at the Treetop View Cabins where the cabins are built off the groung, so the rising wont wash them away, and where ran by a family that also have a chicken farm? If not can you give more info on the cabins your talking about. HEYWOOD we will be there July (9-12) Im on a DS 650 Baja X and everyone else are riding Poloris scrambler 500, and Sportsman 500's one other guy will be on a Yellow DS650.

Old 06-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Guess I screwed up the link to the cabins. Here it is again.

http://www.crookedrivercabins.com/index.html
Crookedrivercabins.com

Old 07-01-2004, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider

hey spd522,

that glover river area is gorgeous huh? i love riding down there, but havent done so in a few years. reading your post built a fire under me and now some of us are planning a trip that way. i doubt that we'll stay in the cabins because the MH is so much easier, but i cant wait to see those trails again.

thanks for reminding me,

keith

Old 07-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

We have a 34ft 5th wheel but just didn't have a way to haul the ATVs at the same time. We are working on getting a hitch installed so we can pull a trailer with the ATV too. Then we will be doing the camp thing too.

The cabins were great but a little pricey- $150 a day/$125 day for 5 or more. Still a fun experience. Had fun in the hot tub too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

We checked around for campgrounds but didn't find any with full hookup. Any ideas of a good place to camp and still be able to ride out to the trails?

Old 07-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

hey spd522,

we just camp on the trails. theres always a wide spot you can get your trailers into. over the past few years we've been camping north of solomons grave or at the foot of the devils backbone. excellent riding in any direction from either spot.

just keep your eyes open while youre riding for a place you'd like to park your trailer. make notes too, so you can tell your friends how to find you if they come up later. and just make sure that everyone in your party has their land use permits. nothing spoils your fun as quick as a large, unneccessary fine.

maybe we'll run into you on the trails,

keith

Old 07-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Grizz....

Heywood is family to me so I can legally correct him...hahaha. The town he was referring to where cabins may be rented is Pickens, OK...NOT Perkins...Perkins is about 180 miles north of there.

This IS a great riding area. We usually ride a few miles west of where you are talking about but I have been through the area a few times. You can not go wrong with the SE part of the state.

Bob

Old 07-02-2004, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

pickens ... perkins blah blah blah

you say tomatoe .. i say tomato

Old 07-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

Griz
We rode in Cloudy, Ok. about two months ago. You should check out the cabins in Antlers, Ok. There are 6 or 8 cabins on this guys ranch. Each cabin will sleep 6 to 10 people easy. WE stayed two nights becuse it was so neat.

Rebel HIll Guest Ranch

By the way, WE would love to go with you guys in September. My wife teaches school in Lewisville, so it would have to be on the weekend or during Labor Day. Let us know.

I have some pretty neat shots of the Ride at Cloudy, if you want them.
Gordon

Quick Reply: Info on Honobia Creek and Broken Bow OK. needed