Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New riding area in Louisiana

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New riding area in Louisiana

Catahoula Recreation Club
Sicily Island, LA

Call for directions/reservations:
Dennis Cotten
318-389-4450
318-729-1538

I have several hundred acres of hill land. Part of it an old gravel pit. I have some developing done. I have tall and short sand hills and a sand drag strip. I have tall and short clay hills and old gravel pit ponds for mud along with creeks and family trails. The only utilities I have is electricity and its available by extension cord only. I have a rented toilet. If someone needs RV hook up before I get mine developed I will find a place for them near Sicily Island. I was planning for my price to be $20.00 per day after I finish developing. I'm ready for riders now and only charging $20.00 per weekend. This week for the 4th of July I'm only charging $10.00. Until I build a customer basis I am open buy appointments only but at the customers convenience.

Thanks,
Dennis Cotten
318-389-4450
318-729-1538

Old 06-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds good, where is Sicily Island??? Hows the sand?? Deep, packed, or real soft? How long is the sand drag area? Are there any lights for timing?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get an idea.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer

Beats me. Call the number. I just posted the info that I found. As far as I can tell, Sicily Island is in the middle of the state somewhere around the alexandria area. which means it may be competition for LA Dunes.

Old 06-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Looks to be about an hour northeast of Alexandria.

Ford, where did you get this info at?? I'm going to try and call to get some more info and I will post it later.

Old 06-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

I was forwarded the guys contact info by our club president and I emailed him directly to get a more detailed description, the above is a cut and paste verbatim of what he sent me.

Looks like he wants to do things via telephone until he gets a feel for it is my guess. I suggested pictures and a webpage, but the guy has to start somewhere.

Old 06-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I talked to Dennis for 20-25 minutes earlier. He said that he would change the riding areas as need. From what I gathered from him he would like it to be like La. Dunes but better. I asked him about smoothing the drag areas and he said that he would do it. He is going to call me back tomorrow, with how long the drag area is. He said that it is very smooth and that you could race 6 bikes wide confortably. I asked about the shut down room for the higher hp bikes and he said he would extended the area as long as needed for the faster bikes. I also talked to him about the down falls of La. Dunes, mostly about it being so ruff. He seemed to agree with me.

He wants to get this thing off the ground. He told me that I need to make a trip there and if I liked it to spread the word. So I think I'm going to try and make the trip in a couple of weeks and see what its about. Hes doing half price for this weekend to get the word out about the area. He wants the price to be $20 a day or $20 for the entire weekend. The price to me seems fair, as long as its smooth and gives us a better area to ride.

He also told me that if this works out hes going to continue to expand the area. Not only does he have a few good sized hills and a drag area. He also has multiple riding trails into the woods, mud bog area, and two large ponds.

He wants everyone to talk to him about there concerns and wishes after they get to ride there.

Sounds good to me.
Hopefully in a few weeks I will let everyone know how it is.

Old 06-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ford_Forgotton
Beats me. Call the number. I just posted the info that I found. As far as I can tell, Sicily Island is in the middle of the state somewhere around the alexandria area. which means it may be competition for LA Dunes.
you know where Sicily Island is. We passed through it on the way to Wisner [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

it's off 15 between Natchez and Winnsboro. It's the part of 15 they are doing the road widening through.

Old 06-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Trailblazer

OOOOOOOoooooooohhhhh. OK, now I know exactly where its at.

Damn thats a long drive. Would definetaly have to be a weekend trip I think.

Old 06-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

How far is this place from Pineville? I'm going to my grandparents' this weekend in Pineville and may try to check it out.

Old 06-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mapquest said 66 miles from Pineville to Sicily Island. About an hour for you Kajun.

Quick Reply: New riding area in Louisiana