Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding Areas in Washington State

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding Areas in Washington State

I live in maple valley and I ride for hours at a time its not on my land and I never trailer my atvs anywhere sure I have to tresspass but everyone else does it and the cops dont seem to care they have seen me several times and dont even slow to look I dont tresspass on landowners property either its just railroad and electric company property so no one really cares theres is a lot of trails out here

Old 10-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

I ride power lines and private timber land most of the time. In my part of the state they tend to run together. Most of the powerlines have trails that run off from the rock roads. The good part about riding powerlines is that we get a lot of trail time in the trees, but can get back quickly on the roads. Be sure to check with the owners on private timber land. We use the rule of thumb that if its locked, don't ride there. If the gate is open then it is open for recreation and hunting. Most land owners adhere to that rule. And, never enter land posted as no trespassing or no hunting.

It used to be that you could ride Simpson and Weyerhauser lands, but they are mostly locked up now because of liability concerns. My dad tells of when he was riding motorcycles in the late 60's and early 70's that you could ride from Centralia to the Columbia River on trails, logging roads and power lines. He would stop in some small towns for gas and food and camp in the woods. I doubt one could do that now -- too many locked gates.

Old 10-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

you can buy a day use pass from weyhauser I think they are 160.00 and good for a year and I think you can use atvs with this pass

Old 10-29-2004, 04:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: woosh
you can buy a day use pass from weyhauser I think they are 160.00 and good for a year and I think you can use atvs with this pass
woosh: You need to check your facts b-4 posting them on public forms.

1. yes you can buy a pass from Weyco to access their property.
2. NO you can not ride NONE STREET LEGAL vehichles on there property.

I live in maple valley and I ride for hours at a time its not on my land and I never trailer my atvs anywhere sure I have to tresspass but everyone else does it and the cops dont seem to care they have seen me several times and dont even slow to look I dont tresspass on landowners property either its just railroad and electric company property so no one really cares theres is a lot of trails out here
woosh: Again please be careful when disclosing info of ILLEGAL activity on pirvate property. Many of us that ride in the NW WORK real hard to obey the rights of land owners by not trespassing on there property. I (and many others) know where you are talking about (riding area) and I choice NOT to ride there because of problems in the past.

"I dont tresspass on landowners property either its just railroad and electric company property" WHO DO YOU THINK OWNS THE PROPERTY. "YOU ARE TRESPASSING"
If the POLICE are leaving you alone thats only because ME and OTHERS do not take advantage of the PROPERTY OWNERS kindness by riding our ATV's on his property......

I'm sorry in advance if this offends you in any way, my attentions are not to offend you, just to EDUCATE you...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

your not offending me I know I probably shuoldnt be back there but even before I had an atv I would walk or ride my bike down there ive done it since I was 11 which I know dosent make it right but no one has ever said anything to me Ive even stopped and talked to one of the mine workers and there are always so many people back there even jeeps a lot of the time well I take that back one trail I found I guess was a bicycle trail the people got really mad so I left and never went back I dont go where I know im not wanted but if everyone else rides it to I dont see the harm in it

Old 10-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

p.s. the stupid are the hardest people to educate [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry for saying you could use atvs on weryhauser but remember I only said I think you can I wasnt sure and anyway my dirt bike is street legal and registered so wouldnt that work or does it have to be a jeep or somthing just asking cause I dont know to bad no one can make a strret legal atv that would be fun

Old 10-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Is woosh the sound of the Belt Big daddy was wielding when he spanked you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I am very anti tresspass do to having to patrol a section of land from tresspassers! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] we cant be givin the tree huggin hippies anymore fuel against us. we all love the sport and need to be respectful of established rules in place. If you dont like the rules take it up with the judge [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

your not offending me I know I probably shuoldnt be back there but even before I had an atv I would walk or ride my bike down there ive done it since I was 11 which I know dosent make it right but no one has ever said anything to me Ive even stopped and talked to one of the mine workers and there are always so many people back there even jeeps a lot of the time well I take that back one trail I found I guess was a bicycle trail the people got really mad so I left and never went back I dont go where I know im not wanted but if everyone else rides it to I dont see the harm in it
p.s. the stupid are the hardest people to educate [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
sorry for saying you could use atvs on weryhauser but remember I only said I think you can I wasnt sure and anyway my dirt bike is street legal and registered so wouldnt that work or does it have to be a jeep or somthing just asking cause I dont know to bad no one can make a strret legal atv that would be fun
woosh: Please get a clue, If you get busted for TRESPASSING and try to plea NOT GULITY, well guess what, you have admitted (in writing) that you've done it and will continue to do it when ever you please!!!!!!!

woosh: the only person to call anyone stupid is you to yourshelf, Please be careful with what you are admitting!!!!!!!

woosh: Weyco property; If your Motorcycle has current registration, street legal and you have a current drivers licence (with motorcycle endorsment) willing to obey their rules set forth and pay the money; then yes you can ride in the areas designated for the public. You also could pay alot less money and ride that same motorbike to Mt. Rainier or Mt. St. Helens and see ALOT more than riding on Weyco property IMO........

P.S. now it's fixed smart guy!!!!

Old 10-30-2004, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

thats a tight pic you got cowbow and yes I said I was stupid I will be the first to admit that and no woosh is my school nick name if it well make you all happy i will give a call to the burlington northern railroad and see if there is any way to ride back there with there permission maybee they well let me sign a waiver or somthing also where can you ride on the mountains is it on roads or is it trails I dont know anywhere to ride besides where I do oh also bigdaddy Ive been to court plenty I dont require any legal council thanks like I said I aint to smart oh also o·mit ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-mt)
tr.v. o·mit·ted, o·mit·ting, o·mits
To fail to include or mention; leave out: omit a word.

To pass over; neglect.
To desist or fail in doing; forbear.

Quick Reply: Riding Areas in Washington State