Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding Areas in Washington State

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding Areas in Washington State

Looking at moving to the Bellevue/Redmond area and was looking for nearby riding areas. I'm used to be able to just drive out of my driveway and hitting the trails (without haveing to pack up and go), albeit some fairly simple trails nearby. Just wondering if there are any like that in the immediate vicinity of Redmond or Bellevue or even the nearby towns like Newcastle, Issaquah etc.

Also, arte there any real nice trails within an hour or so for those areas?

For such a wooded countryside, I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to find any info online about ATV trails in that area.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

there's rock candy mountain near olympia, at the shelton fairgrounds there is some good area

Old 07-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't know of any riding in that area. There is a place called Evans Creek near the Wilkeson/Carbonado area that has some pretty good jeep trails, lots of mud. Thurston County ORV area, Walker Valley, Moses Lake Dunes and Beverly Dunes are some other places throughout Washignton, but you will have to be willing to drive.

Old 07-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

ddeacon,
Here is a link to a map with most of the Washington State riding areas. You may also want to check out the Puget Sound Area Riders thread in the "where to ride" section of the forums. They are really nice and always willing to offer info and would probably be more than happy to show you around when you move.
WA State riding areas

Old 07-05-2004, 09:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

ddeacon, Im not sure where you are moving from, but there are quite a few places to ride around here.

We just spent the weekend in Easton, Wa, riding for 5 days. Easton is probably 60 miles west of Bellevue on I-90.

There are plenty of local places within 2 hours driving time. And if you like the sand dunes,,,the Oregon Dunes are about 5-6 hours south.

Old 07-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the input everyone. It's been real hard finding info and not being near there is difficult to just look and see (I'm in Ontario Canada).

Old 08-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes I live an hour from redmond have friends up there I can go out my back door and down a hill to miles and miles of trials

Old 10-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

Check out the NW Motorcycle Assn or the Washington ATV Assn for riding areas.

Old 10-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

I work in bellevue and there is absolutely no riding spots near here. The closest one around here is probably walker valley north of bellevue, reiter pit out pass monroe.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

i live in sammamish & work in redmond, the nearest areas are rieter, & walker valley, then tahuya & capitol forest... not many places to ride in king county at all, unless it's on your own land.
washington ATV club meets every 2nd thursday of the month, 6:30PM @ RMC in renton.
also see: quadsonly.com it's a site set up by a local pro racer & lists all sorts of events for ATV's on the calendar, many of the people on that forum are local racers.
going east you have easton, cle-ellum, beverly, moses lake & many more.

Quick Reply: Riding Areas in Washington State